Moving to southern Colorado...

This is a discussion on Moving to southern Colorado... within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm moving to southern Colorado at the end of the month and am looking for suggestions about good public ranges (rifle & pistol). I've done ...

Thread: Moving to southern Colorado...

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar

Moving to southern Colorado...

I'm moving to southern Colorado at the end of the month and am looking for suggestions about good public ranges (rifle & pistol). I've done long distance moves before and found the best therapy is a good shooting session (or multiple sessions) within 10 days of arrival!

Also, can anyone give me a crash course on Colorado's gun laws? I've read Denver is the anti's haven, but the rest of the state seems more friendly to us. Thanks!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Sniper,
    Depends on on where in S Colorado. If you are going to Colorado Springs then there are a limited number of ranges (from my experience). However, the quick access to National Forest for shooting is a major bonus. In the southern part of the Denver Metro Area (about 60 miles North of Colo Springs) there is an outdoor range at Cherry Creek State Park that is fairly decent

I am not sure of Denver being the anti haven, but I do believe El Paso County (Colorado Springs, mostly) is far more gun friendly. Colo Springs is somewhat far 'to the right' politically, and has a large military population.

Welcome to Colorado, if you have not been before I believe you will enjoy the mountains and wide open spaces.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by sniper208 View Post
    I'm moving to southern Colorado at the end of the month and am looking for suggestions about good public ranges (rifle & pistol). I've done long distance moves before and found the best therapy is a good shooting session (or multiple sessions) within 10 days of arrival!

Also, can anyone give me a crash course on Colorado's gun laws? I've read Denver is the anti's haven, but the rest of the state seems more friendly to us. Thanks!

http://www.packing.org/
    Go to this website and in the little box called "Jump To State", select Colorado and you will find very good info on the state laws.

William
    Colorado

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Thanks! I should have specified I am moving to Pueblo. In time, I hope to get involved (again) in tactical combat shooting. Before I do that, I'll need to start handloading for the 1911 - I don't want to dip into my reserves!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Links