I Joined a Gun Club!!

I Joined a Gun Club!!

This is a discussion on I Joined a Gun Club!! within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Red Castle in Tulsa. I'd been to it a few times before, most recently with some older guys who trained there regularly. I finally decided ...

Thread: I Joined a Gun Club!!

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar

I Joined a Gun Club!!

Red Castle in Tulsa.

I'd been to it a few times before, most recently with some older guys who trained there regularly.

I finally decided to sign up- it just made good sense, since I've got about trunkful (if that a word?) of guns and love to shoot, and the place is just ten miles from my front door. It also has a wide variety of ranges, where you can shoot a variety of targets.

It also beats driving 25+ miles and paying $ 10.00 for bullseye-only, slow fire only, etc., which was where I was going, when I could get the time.

I'm glad I did. I can go shoot almost anytime. I went twice this weekend, and took the wife, too.

Yesterday I shot up 500 rounds of .45. I've got 12,000 rounds of 7.62 X 54 and 12 Mosins that are just SCREAMING at me.....

I see a bright future
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Good for you randytulsa2. I'm curious as to what your club costs you. My club dues are $55.00 per year plus NRA membership is required. There are no other costs except for the WWB 100 round value paks at Wally World. Upon payment of dues members get the combination to the gate locks and can use the range anytime there isn't a scheduled match going on. I usually have the pistol pit to myself which allows me a lot of variety in my training. The range is exactly 5 miles from my house and I'm out there at least once a week. I hope your gun club will be as good for you as mine is for me.

Randy; It's OK to admit you have a problem. We all had problems ourselves at one time or another. But the truth shall set you free, obey your thirst. Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Randy; It's OK to admit you have a problem. We all had problems ourselves at one time or another. But the truth shall set you free, obey your thirst. Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery.
    But remember to only admit your problem to your support group (other shooters). Once you admit your problem to the wifey she will make sure to help you curve your spending.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Sponsored Links