Texas Legislature Actually done good

This is a discussion on Texas Legislature Actually done good within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ATTENTION TEXAS NRA MEMBERS: Legislature Passes Nine Pro-Gun Bills in the 79th Regular Session Thanks to your phone calls and emails, the Texas Legislature adjourned ...

ATTENTION TEXAS NRA MEMBERS:

Legislature Passes Nine Pro-Gun Bills in the 79th Regular Session

Thanks to your phone calls and emails, the Texas Legislature adjourned sine die on May 30, after having passed an unprecedented number of pro-gun bills:

* SB 734 by Senator Tommy Williams (R-The Woodlands) & Representative Anna Mowery (R-Fort Worth) Protects Hunting Opportunities on Private Lands Annexed by Municipalities (Signed by Governor Rick Perry already)

* HB 225 by Representative Joe Driver (R-Garland) & Senator Bob Deuell (R-Greenville) Extends Term of Renewed Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHLs) from 4 to 5 Years

* HB 322 by Representative Suzanna Hupp (R-Lampasas) & Senator Craig Estes (R-Wichita Falls) Reduces Fees and Lowers the Minimum Age Requirement for a CHL from 21 to 18 for Active Military Personnel

* HB 685 by Representative Patrick Rose (D-Dripping Springs) & Senator Leticia Van de Putte (D-San Antonio) Eliminates the Range Instruction Portion of CHL Course for Military Personnel with Handgun Training (Signed by Governor Rick Perry already)

* HB 823 by Representative Terry Keel (R-Austin) & Senator Juan Hinojosa (D-McAllen) Legalizes the Carrying of Concealed Handguns in Private Vehicles Without a CHL

* HB 1038 by Representative Carl Isett (R-Lubbock) & Senator Kim Brimer (R-Fort Worth) Reduces CHL Renewal Fees for Senior Citizens

* HB 1066 by Representative Glenn Hegar (R-Katy) Allows Residents of All Other States to Apply for Texas CHLs and Streamlines Requirements for Other States To Qualify for CHL Reciprocity with Texas (passed as an amendment to HB 225 by Representative Joe Driver & Senator Bob Deuell)

* HB 1483 by Representative Stephen Frost (D-Atlanta) & Senator Kevin Eltife (R-Tyler) Expands Possible Methods of Payment for CHL Application Fees

* HB 1831 by Representative Robert Talton (R-Houston) & Senator Juan Hinojosa (D-McAllen) Exempts Certain Deferred Adjudications from Definitition of "Convicted" for CHL Eligibility

Special thanks also to House Speaker Tom Craddick and Lt. Governor David Dewhurst for their leadership on these issues, which are so important to our Second Amendment rights!

Governor Rick Perry (R) has until June 19 to sign the measures, which he has not yet already signed.
    Well the Texas State government may be killing me as an educator but maybe they can redeem themselves if Idiot in Chief Perry will sign these bills.

Lordy, I miss George Bush. He governed this state 5 times better than Perry does.

Let's rally to the cause Texans!

DC Founder
    Lookin' good back in Texas, ya'll!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Who woulda thunk?
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Still trying to catch up to the Gunshine State huh?

AFS
    Last edited by AirForceShooter; June 9th, 2005 at 11:15 AM. Reason: sp
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

"Lordy, I miss George Bush. He governed this state 5 times better than Perry does."

Euch. i think the GOP is seeing the same. At least I hope so. There is a little political spanking beginning to happen. I am interested to see who the GOP actually endorses next. I certainly hope it's not Perry.

Links