Philippines Where are you guy's

This is a discussion on Philippines Where are you guy's within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hi, Just wondering if anyone here on the Forum lives in the Philippines ? Thanks, Rhome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Philippines Where are you guy's

Hi, Just wondering if anyone here on the Forum lives in the Philippines ?
    Thanks,
    Rhome
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

I spent a year at Cubi Point!
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

I don't but one of my employees will be retiring with his Philippina wife to Northern Mindanao or possibly Davao City in a few years. Has me thinking about it eventually myself if I don't end up in the South Pacific first.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Assistant Administrator
    Rhome ........ I may have mentioned but will again anyways ... Horge who posts on THR at times - has a neat site dealing with the Bersa pistol.

He lives over there and seems to be pretty savy about various aspects of firearms etc ... see if you can track him down at all.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Chris, Thanks, I did forget, and I will try and track him down. El Crusier, my wife will not let me step foot on Mindanao for fear of the extreamist Muslims and all the kidnapping that goes on Mindanao and me not being a Filipino. I think for the time being I'll stay here on Cebu and enjoy it.
    Thanks Guys,
    Rhome
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~

It's interesting, my employees wife feels that way about going to Manila! According to them it's all down in the southwest but then I do notice that they always seem to be talking about keeping a low profile outside of Davao. I do believe his mother in law lives on Cebu these days.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Hi EL, Yes , Luzon is the island having there problems and Manila is the Capital city. But yep they to have there own set of problems but not as bad as Mindanao. If I were alowed to carry an auto weapon I'd go to Mindanao as I'm told it is the most beautiful island here. But for now I'll stay put on Cebu with the occasional trip to Luzon.
    Rhome

Lived in San Miguel, Calrk and Tarlac while in USN

Did a tour at Clark AB (Angeles City) while in the Air Force. One of the best times I had was an island hoping motorcycle trip with 4 others. Even went through northern Mindanao.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhome View Post
    Hi, Just wondering if anyone here on the Forum lives in the Philippines ?
    Thanks,
    Rhome

Well, i hope your enjoying yourself, i know i would if i were in your shoes.

How long have you been there?
    It pays to be a winner, 2nd place is 1st loser = dead man

I did 6 months at Subic bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Warrior View Post
    Well, i hope your enjoying yourself, i know i would if i were in your shoes.

How long have you been there?
    I've been here going on 6 months, and I'm finding it's not my cup of tea so to speak. So I'll be moving back to the good old U.S. of A around April / May of 2008. Firearm laws are very strick here and have yet to go shooting and I'm going through shooting withdrawals If you think CA gun laws are bad try the Philippines, they are far worse. Can't wait to come home, I'm glad D.C. forum is here to keep me from going insane Plus I can't wait to start making holsters again, I've been working on some new designs I want to try out when I return.
    Best,
    Rhome

Hi EL, Yes , Luzon is the island having there problems and Manila is the Capital city. But yep they to have there own set of problems but not as bad as Mindanao. If I were alowed to carry an auto weapon I'd go to Mindanao as I'm told it is the most beautiful island here. But for now I'll stay put on Cebu with the occasional trip to Luzon.
    Rhome
    I spent 6 days on Cebu in '78. It was by far my favorite experience when I was in the Navy. They said we were the first war ship to dock there since WWII.

Hearing the name brings back some happy memories for me.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

I've been here going on 6 months, and I'm finding it's not my cup of tea so to speak. So I'll be moving back to the good old U.S. of A around April / May of 2008. Firearm laws are very strick here and have yet to go shooting and I'm going through shooting withdrawals If you think CA gun laws are bad try the Philippines, they are far worse. Can't wait to come home, I'm glad D.C. forum is here to keep me from going insane Plus I can't wait to start making holsters again, I've been working on some new designs I want to try out when I return.
    Best,
    Rhome
    Are you kidding me???!!!

There is no way gun laws there are far stricter than CA, i think your case is not knowing the right people in the right places. Im of non Filipino citizen and i managed to get hold of my glocks, m16 and Permit to carry in a matter of a month which was handy in the 5 month vacation i had 2 years ago. OK knowing a few high ranking colnels in the police force and an NBI agent worked wonders for the administrative work but you always got $$ to fall back on?
    It pays to be a winner, 2nd place is 1st loser = dead man

Urban Warrior, you hit the nail square on the head, graft is big over here, I just don't need the hassel. I do know the right people as I don't need to stand in the unbelievable lines they have here for any Gov. document. Got my NBI clearance in less than 30 min. and 500 pesos. None the less it's back to the good ole USA in 6 months. typical wait for your paid for firarm is 1 month, a pee test and shrink certificate to just name a few of the hoops you need to jump through for a firearms owners permit, then to go to a shooting range you need a local LEO clearance to transport your firearm for 1 day only. Don't get caught as they are really cracking down here due to the terrorism.
    Best,
    Rhome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links