Wanenmacher's Tulsa Gun Show April 5 & 6: Anyone Going?

This is a discussion on Wanenmacher's Tulsa Gun Show April 5 & 6: Anyone Going? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife and I are going to Wanenmacher's this year. I have been wanting to go for a while and it never worked out, but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanenmacher's Tulsa Gun Show April 5 & 6: Anyone Going?

VIP Member

Wanenmacher's Tulsa Gun Show April 5 & 6: Anyone Going?

My wife and I are going to Wanenmacher's this year. I have been wanting to go for a while and it never worked out, but this year the April show works for us. We have friends who used to live in Tulsa who wanted to visit with us and some of their friends there. We worked it out so that we will meet in Tulsa on April 4.

Friends now live in Vancouver, WA. We went out there in 2006. When they lived in Tulsa they would visit us one year and we would visit them the next. On the third year we would meet in Branson, MO or in New Orleans where we got to know each other. We have no desire to meet in NO any more. And getting together each year when we live in Alabama and Washington is more than we can handle (especially since my wife has said she is not flying any more).

So what better way to do it than for them to visit friends in Tulsa, for us to go to Tulsa and visit them with the big plus of going to the world's largest gun show? What's not to like?

If anyone else is going drop me a PM and maybe we can arrange a get together. Chris (P95) and some others met in Tulsa a couple of years ago. I'd like to try the same thing. There are several of you who live in the Tulsa area and I'd like to meet you even if you can't go to the gun show. We will arrive on Thursday evening and leave Monday morning. Travel is an all day affair since we will be driving in from Alabama. I don't know yet where we will be staying. Our friends are arranging that. If you are interested in getting together before the show or at the show let me know and we will work out the details later.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Never been, always wanted to. Four hour drive for me and I should at least once. Maybe this will be the year.

Good chance I will be there..it's only 2 hrs drive for me..and I too have many friends in T town so what better reason to go, visit friends and shop for guns!

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I might be persuaded to make the drive if a few of you are going to get together. It would be fun to meet some of the people here. Let me know what you guys decide.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar

Gun Show

Me and the wife have reservations for both days. Coming up from Dallas, Texas area.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

VIP Member
    I'm seriously thinking about it, I've never been before so 3-4 of us may be going. I'll be easy to spot, since I look exactly like my avatar. Seriously why don't we check back on this thread right before the show and see exactly who's going, maybe we can meet up someplace. I can't imagine wearing a red hat (or something?) and hoping someone would know I'm from DC forum.......good grief it'll be a lot of people there, and besides I'll be looking at guns and not for hats. Maybe we can figure something out?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    I've been there several times, and I will probably go this year. I originally planned to set up a table, but I haven't had the time to build enough gear to take. Probably set up next fall, instead.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Assistant Administrator
    Wish I could go again ...... 2 years ago was a great time exploring the show and meeting a few folks.

Most unlikely tho sadly - economics for a start would make it difficult plus, I am less and less able to spend long spells standing - which also translates into long journies by auto or airplane, being a major difficulty.

Hope some of you can make it tho and will hope if it works out that we can have a few pics to see.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I go every year. It's only a 45 min drive for me. Last years was great. All day Saturday and Sunday, and I almost didn't have enough time to see it all. I'd be glad to see some of you there! Be a nice thing to meet up and talk and grab some lunch. The $10 entry is WELL worth it. Wonderful collectable stuff as well last year. I have something to buy this year.
    God Bless America!!

Assistant Administrator
    Nostalgia, for those of us who have been ... and a taster for those who haven't!

That cover pic is I am sure the front downstairs area, about 1/3 ..... there's another 1/3 yet on that level - then up a level for remaining 1/3! 4,000 tables under 11 acres I seem to recall

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Holy crap I am going next year...
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

Gonna try. Putting in for the time off tomorrow.

VIP Member
    Good deal. The week before we leave I will be sending a PM to each person who has expressed a plan to attend. I will contain my cell phone number and some info about our arrival times etc. That way any who want to get together during the show will have a way to contact me.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I will be easy to spot..I'll be wearing a kilt

Just a reminder to all, the show is this weekend. To all who are coming from out of town or state, PM me and I can try to help w/ directions/ places to stay/ places to eat. Also I can hand out my cell # so we can all meet up. I know George is already doing this, but just in case.
    God Bless America!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links