South Florida is not safe anymore

This is a discussion on South Florida is not safe anymore within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yes, not safe. Darn Chooie showed up and acted up all nuts down here. We got some range time, I managed to miss a lot ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Florida is not safe anymore

VIP Member

Talking South Florida is not safe anymore

Yes, not safe. Darn Chooie showed up and acted up all nuts down here.

We got some range time, I managed to miss a lot with my revolver but not QUITE bad with my FNP-9. Got to shoot his XD which is very nice gun, love the sights!

It was fun to see Chooie with his passport and a Spanish/Enghlish dictionary on his back pocket while scanning constantly for MS-13 gang members.

With luck, He'll get it all out of his system tomorrow after an afternoon of Shotgun, Handgun & AKs.

Chooie, very nice to have you down here!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    LOL!

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    There will be no pics!

Today, anyway.

JD
    Administrator
    Well at least tell me this...

Are there any Dunkin Donuts shops in that area of FL?

They got Starbucks but I prefer pictures like stated above..

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Well at least tell me this...

Are there any Dunkin Donuts shops in that area of FL?
    Let me put it this way. A DD cup of cofffee is sitting in my truck's cupholder and I only do Cuban crack. 'Nuff said?

Pictures shall be available after tomorrow's range time. Mrs. Miggy will have the camera and will do her best to make us look bad.
    Chooie will be shooting (if we are not rained out) my club's lazy version of 3-Gun and the world will see him with an AK in his hands.

Chooie, blurring your face will cost you some dough.... {evil laugh}
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

I'll wear my Woolrich boonie hat and dark glasses. There will be no decent pics of me!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    LOL!

As requested!

Stage 1 of the 3Gun match. Pistol & Rifle.

Stage 2 & 3 of the 3Gun match. Shotgun.

"Did I hit anything?

The Ugly & The Dunce.

Red Dot helps lots, ain't it?

"How did I miss that?"

"Missed again darn it!"

Humming the theme from SWAT.

"Die you rat, die!"
    Randy Cain.

VIP Member

"OK Targets, stop moving!"

"Do I look cool or what?"

"How do get this thing jumpstarted anyway?"

"Help! I am sitting and I can't get up!

"OK, I need Dunkin Donuts after this."

And a compilation of Evil Assault Weapons.

Randy Cain.

Wow... you know how they say the camera adds weight? It doesn't... I'm just a lardo right now, and it makes me ill looking at my gut like that.

Nice action shot with the brass in the air, though! You'll have to commend your wife on that one.

I had an absolute blast today, and definitely look forward to letting you shoot some of my ammo if you ever come up to VA.

VIP Member
    And it was great having you around. And I am very glad my club nutjobs decided to behave somewhat human today... I mean we did not want to give you a bad impression or anything
    Randy Cain.

VIP Member
    I realized that I posted pics but not a narrative of how we spent the afternoon of shooting so I must correct.
    The morning was to be dedicated to our IDPA classifier so I told Choie to take it easy and show up at noon since there was no sense for him to bore his sorry butt for four hours. He calls me around noon and the first deal goes something like this:

"Dude, I am at the range."
    "You are here already?"
    "Yes, at the parking lot"
    "OK, I'll go get you."
    Now, I am not hearing too good because of the shooting so I think he is at the park's parking lot by the entrance. I jump in my truck and rush (20 mph posted) to get him so 5 mins later he calls again.
    "Where are you?"
    "On my way to get you at the entrance."
    "Dude, I am already at the range!"
    "Oh heck... OK, on my way back."

So I finally find him and his buddy Chris about 20 yards from the entrance of the range where we were shooting. That and after the crappy classifier I shot, made me feel young and smart....NOT.

While the stages for 3 gun were being set, I introduced Chooie and Chris to some of the club members and Mrs. Miggy. Since The Choo is already married to a southern belle, he does not need to be reminded of the potential serial killer heart that may pump inside the chest of southern girls and may come out when riled up so he behaves like a gent.

After giving him the briefest of range safety rules, we got ready to shoot. Our squad started on Stage 2:

The idea was to shoot all the targets on the move with birdshot and take out the "hostage-taker" (Last black target on the right) with buckshot. Since the stage was designed by a Saiga owner, those of us with regular pump shotguns were at a disadvantage because we would have to reload slowly and painfully. Good news is that the Saiga went stupid and was actually slower that pumps.

The last target looks something like this:

The little round thing is supposed to be the BG's head and when hit, it will swing out to the other side of the target. Although there was a lot of braggadocio, everybody was thinking "OK, I know I am gonna hit the hostage with buck... Oh well." The great news in that nobody in the squad hit the hostage and everybody hit the BG with full force. Kudos go to Chooie because he shot that stage and the rest with weapons he did not know. He also had the shoot of the day when he hit one of the plates set on top of a stand, made it spin but did not drop it. It looked so pretty we scored it as good.

Stage 3 consisted of 9 steel targets to be engaged in groups of three from three positions of cover (birdshot) and then engage a paper target set waaaay down there with a slug. Again everybody shoot it great and no embarrassing moments came up specially from me.

Stage one was a transition from handgun to rifle. 12 paper targets that required 3 shots a pop and a metal gong also way down there. You started with your handgun and engage three targets from a simulated doorway, then move to the next simulated doorway and engage three more targets. For safety reasons, we had the shooters unload & show clear the gun before letting them pick up the rifle and move forward to first barrel with the rifle. At the first barrel the shooter had to engage three paper targets and then hit the gong three times before moving sideways to the next barrel, engage three more targets and finish the stage with three hits on the gong. I have the strange feeling that The Choo is now seriously considering to add an AK to his wish list.

All in all it was lots of fun. All squad members bantered back and forth and called each other names that would keep us banned from this and most boards in the Internet.
    Randy Cain.

I hope y'all stopped for lunch. Wouldn't want anybody to waste away.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Chooie stopped at the Dunkin D before going to IHOP.

And then he complains about his belly
    Randy Cain.

Administrator
    Looks like you guys had fun and it also looks like a nice club. I just got one off topic question and I'll shut up...

Do they (the range) make you use "cover" like that? I'd tear you guys up on a FOF training if you did. I'm not picking on ya, just wondering why.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links