Multi-State Lunch in Leesburg, VA: Sat. Sep 13th 2008

This is a discussion on Multi-State Lunch in Leesburg, VA: Sat. Sep 13th 2008 within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This started over on the PAFOA forum, just spreading the word, it's a bit of a haul but I'm going to try and attend, provided ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi-State Lunch in Leesburg, VA: Sat. Sep 13th 2008

JD [OP]
    Administrator

Multi-State Lunch in Leesburg, VA: Sat. Sep 13th 2008

This started over on the PAFOA forum, just spreading the word, it's a bit of a haul but I'm going to try and attend, provided my schedule permits. It's a bit of a haul, but I think it would be nice, besides, why should the FL guys have all the fun.

On Sept 13th myself and a bunch of members from PAFOA, Virginia Citizens defense league, DELOC.org and a few others are having a multi state lunch at Red Hot and Blue in Leesburg. This is an OC event since VA requires OC in restaurants.

For RSVP details.

2. Remove Ads

Absolutely can do. It's the day before my birthday too. Good timing. And it's close to home.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Coulda picked a better BBQ place. Sorry been to that RH&B more than a few times and haven't been impressed yet.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Wasn't my choice, never been there, their menu doesn't look too bad, a little pricey, but on par with what I've seen in chain restaurants lately.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Wasn't my choice, never been there, their menu doesn't look too bad, a little pricey, but on par with what I've seen in chain restaurants lately.
    Oh I know it wasn't your choice, just saying that there are definitely better places to be had.

Shoot if I had known in advance about it I probably could have gotten my club to play host. Then there could have been some shootin fun along with a meet up. So it goes.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

VIP Member
    I wouldn't mind attending if my schedule allows. One thing I have noticed about Red Hot and Blue, is besides being pricy, they serve small portions!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Well, we *could* do a Blue Ridge/Mid Atlantic DC meetup at your club, Scott...

Are the owners "cool?" Or are they going to ask everyone(maybe the whole place) to leave? I may have to drop in......
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Are the owners "cool?" Or are they going to ask everyone(maybe the whole place) to leave? I may have to drop in......
    I don't know, as stated, I'm not associated with those making the arrangements.

The member who informed me of the lunch should have that info, I may ask around and see what I can find out regarding that tidbit of info...

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Just for the record this lunch was my idea

For any more info please contact me. For all DC members please hold off on RSVP until we can get a DC option on the RSVP list. Otherwise just pick other and when you get there just say your from DC.com.

Right now we have 41 CONFIRMED RSVP's
    We have another 30ish tenative.

Update: There is now an option for Defensive Carry members to sign up. You have until the 31st of the month so please get in before we fill up.
    Last edited by Pro2A; August 13th, 2008 at 09:16 AM.

You know, I asked that same question on OCDO, and boy, did the fireworks fly . I got flamed by several people who who wanted to know why I would ask "permission" to exercise gun rights, and one guy ended up all but calling me a 'narc' for because he thought I was going to call the restaurant and the police and try and get the event canceled.

One of the better OCDO guys (ed) went and OC'ed there recently and had a uneventful experience.

I believe the current count is about 50 confirmed and 30 more "maybe"s.

Peace
    RedKnightt

Zombie Squad has it right: "We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything."

Quote Originally Posted by RedKnightt View Post
    You know, I asked that same question on OCDO, and boy, did the fireworks fly . I got flamed by several people who who wanted to know why I would ask "permission" to exercise gun rights, and one guy ended up all but calling me a 'narc' for because he thought I was going to call the restaurant and the police and try and get the event canceled.

One of the better OCDO guys (ed) went and OC'ed there recently and had a uneventful experience.

I believe the current count is about 50 confirmed and 30 more "maybe"s.

Peace
    I wouldn't worry about it. If the owners throw a hissy fit, we can go elsewhere. There's a couple of other good places within reasonable driving distance from there (5-10min) that are typically fine with OC(meaning I frequent them myself and haven't been thrown out yet).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. If the owners throw a hissy fit, we can go elsewhere. There's a couple of other good places within reasonable driving distance from there (5-10min) that are typically fine with OC(meaning I frequent them myself and haven't been thrown out yet).
    I wasn't worried about getting kicked out, I was simply stunned at the vitriol I received for giving some consideration to the restaurant owner/manager. I'm sure I've been kicked out of better places .

By the way, packinnova, it's a little early, but Happy Birthday!
    RedKnightt

Zombie Squad has it right: "We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything."

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Well I called today and spoke with A manager, not the GM, but a manager by the name of Mindy and they (they being her) seemed to be unaware that the gathering is going to be an armed party, but they are now aware and are OK with it.

See y'all on Saturday.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Well I called today and spoke with A manager, not the GM, but a manager by the name of Mindy and they (they being her) seemed to be unaware that the gathering is going to be an armed party, but they are now aware and are OK with it.

See y'all on Saturday.
    Oh, so you *are* going?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links