Any members of the Scottsdale Gun Club?

This is a discussion on Any members of the Scottsdale Gun Club? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Was trying to go at least once a week but haven't made it back lately due to work. With my new pistol arriving soon, I'll ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any members of the Scottsdale Gun Club?

Any members of the Scottsdale Gun Club?

Was trying to go at least once a week but haven't made it back lately due to work. With my new pistol arriving soon, I'll need to get back pronto. Who wants to go and when?

2. Remove Ads

I use to be members at shooters world, but now I go to Ben Avery, they are all 30 miles or so away from me (scottsdale, shooters word and ben avery). Did you join or are you paying just shooting fee's ?
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    I use to be members at shooters world, but now I go to Ben Avery, they are all 30 miles or so away from me (scottsdale, shooters word and ben avery). Did you join or are you paying just shooting fee's ?
    Member. $15/hr for non-members. Had to join
    Nice facility, but real far from my house and work. But I already committed to a year, so I'll keep going.
    Always wanted to go to an outdoor range and this is the time of year to do it. How do you like Ben Avery?

I enjoy shooting outdoors, I went to Scottsdale Gun 2 or 3 times, then went to shooters world for half as much, you just have to sweep your own shells there where Scottsdale you don't
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

They won't let me join. I don't drive a BMW or Hummer...
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    They won't let me join. I don't drive a BMW or Hummer...
    Aw, come on now. I see more pickups than Bimmers or Hummers in the parking lot.

It really is a beautiful indoor range. I just don't like the stuffy yuppie attitude. Plus, I really like to work out of my holster, which is a no-no there like most organized ranges.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    It really is a beautiful indoor range. I just don't like the stuffy yuppie attitude. Plus, I really like to work out of my holster, which is a no-no there like most organized ranges.
    I don't find it stuffy. I don't particularly like the customer service there. Has a lot to be desired. But I'm just there to shoot.

And yes, you can draw from a holster. Just have to get qualified by the range master.

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    Always wanted to go to an outdoor range and this is the time of year to do it. How do you like Ben Avery?
    I like Ben Avery A lot. It's $7/HR for adults, kids are free. The shooting range are all covered, so even in July and Aug, doesn't feel bad at all. But then again, I ride my motorcycle to work every day, so I am not bothered by the heat at all.

The only negative is you have to wait until a break is called to check your target out or but new one up. But the inconvenience of waiting in minimal.

I would go and check it out.. Here is there website

Ben Avery Shooting Facility

--Thomas Jefferson --

Been away

Hey guys I just got my internet back up. Gotta love when the switch providers and your internet stops working. I have been to SGC and the single thing that bothers me the most there is the constant pitch about why I should become a member. I cant imagine how annoying that would get if I actually WERE a member. On the flip side, hands down the nicest facility I have ever seen. Very safe, professional and state of the art. If I didnt live so far away, I would definately join.

I dont mean to highjack the tread but I was planning on going down there next week on Wednesday night for the USPSA. Does anyone else do this? Ive never tried it but have been really intersted.

AZHusker can come along too, Ill drive
    "The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by KCe39 View Post
    Hey guys I just got my internet back up. Gotta love when the switch providers and your internet stops working. I have been to SGC and the single thing that bothers me the most there is the constant pitch about why I should become a member. I cant imagine how annoying that would get if I actually WERE a member. On the flip side, hands down the nicest facility I have ever seen. Very safe, professional and state of the art. If I didnt live so far away, I would definately join.

I dont mean to highjack the tread but I was planning on going down there next week on Wednesday night for the USPSA. Does anyone else do this? Ive never tried it but have been really intersted.

AZHusker can come along too, Ill drive
    The pitching obviously stops when you become a member

I'd like to go check out the Wed night events sometime. Is it possible to spectate before signing up?

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Was trying to go at least once a week but haven't made it back lately due to work. With my new pistol arriving soon, I'll need to get back pronto. Who wants to go and when?
    I thought you had to be a member for range time? Or do they have a range fee. I live 7 miles from Rio Salado Sportsman's Club. That's where I do most of my shooting.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    I thought you had to be a member for range time? Or do they have a range fee. I live 7 miles from Rio Salado Sportsman's Club. That's where I do most of my shooting.....
    "Free" for members, $15/hr for visitors. I have some visitor passes. If you want to come check it out, I'll be happy to get you in, Rocky.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    "Free" for members, $15/hr for visitors. I have some visitor passes. If you want to come check it out, I'll be happy to get you in, Rocky.

Yeah that would be nice.
    Thanks Bonehead.

How close are they to Dillions.....I have to pick up a case gauge. I just had the jam from hell happen to me and I want to make sure it never happens again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Yeah that would be nice.
    Thanks Bonehead.
    Great. I live about 30 miles from there and about 60 from work. I try to go about once a week, but it's been kinda rough lately. Let me know when you want to check it out. They make you watch a safety video and sign a waiver, but other than that, you should be good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links