DFW meet and greet?

DFW meet and greet?

This is a discussion on DFW meet and greet? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We tried this a while back without positive results..Figured I would throw it on the burner once more. Anybody up for maybe a lunch and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFW meet and greet?

Talking DFW meet and greet?

We tried this a while back without positive results..Figured I would throw it on the burner once more.

Anybody up for maybe a lunch and shoot? Seems like BBQ and shooting go hand in hand and we know we have the best BBQ in the world.

If anybody is intersted, we can try to work out a central meeting place and a good place to have lunch afterwards.
    Last edited by Kerbouchard; March 7th, 2009 at 05:35 PM.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

If only I was stationed to Ft Hood again.

This sounds like a great idea
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Well, sort of looks like this one is going to go the same way as the last try. In any case, it was worth a try.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

Who is John Galt?

I just saw this, sign me up. There is always the Bass Pro in Grapevine with Crazy 8's BBQ near by in Coppell. Depending on the day the BassPro may be too slammed (Sat.)

I know we have MANY DFW area members. We can't be outdone by the VA guys who seem to be able to put one together in short order and have pics to prove it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Depending on day and time, I would be up for it. Elm Fork or Bass Pro would both be good locations for me.

Hmm... interesting indeed. I'm still fairly new to DFW area..I will keep an eye on this thread for more insight.

I'm sure I could make time for this also.

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    I might be able to make it, depending on date and time, but I'm coming from about 3 hours away...
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I'd enjoy a get together!! I would need a couple of weeks notice however!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    I am 100% in!

I would prefer Elm Fork or Quail Creek on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Any of you guys have any specific day in mind?

Who is John Galt?

U dunno...late April..maybe early May?

As for me, virtually any day (except for Sunday) is best. I am flexible on times and love to avoid crowds :)

I am interested. But I may have trouble depending on the time and the place. I live about 60 miles west of Fort Worth. If it were held somewhere further away than Grapevine I would have trouble getting there. On the other hand if anyone is west of Fort Worth there are a few places. An outfit called "TacPro" (Tac Pro Shooting Center - The future of firearms training) is pretty nice -- though I don't know what they would charge us. That is going to be waaayyy too far west though for folks in Dallas or further to the east. As far as eating out here there are a few nice places. A particularly nice steak-house in Stephenville called "Fiddle Creek". And if you wanted something closer to tacpro a place on I-20 is named "The SmokeStack" -- it has made several magazines like Texas Highways for its "chicken-fried steak".

But I suspect most folks are farther to the east and a meet in the mid-cities like at BassPro would make more sense.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

That Tac-Pro place looks very cool! But you are right. Mingus is 90 minutes from Arlington, so it is probably too far for me (and most others).

Guys, I think the best bet is just to post here next time you are going to shoot. Whoever wants to/can will make it & if it is fun, we can post it here. Then we can do it again.

I'll begin: I am going to be at Winchester Gun Range (Ft. Worth) on Thursday at about 5 PM for the Intro to IDPA class (Cross Timbers IDPA). It's free and you can shoot your first IDPA event for free. I believe they will be shooting right after the class, but I will probably just watch for now. I need an IDPA-friendly gun.

If anyone would like to join me, they are welcome to.

I frequent the Winchester range often. I'll make time to check this out also.

I will also probaly just watch....never seen any type of IDPA, so exposer will be good. I'll be looking for ya McPat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links