Michigan!

Michigan!

This is a discussion on Michigan! within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; found this room...WAY at the bottom of the forum, and discovered NO michigan page. I know there are many of us here. I sit of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michigan!

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar

Michigan!

found this room...WAY at the bottom of the forum, and discovered NO michigan page. I know there are many of us here.
    I sit of the board at my local sportsman's club here in SW michigan.
    how many of you belong to a club, and are you active?
    before I moved to SW michigan I lived in the "thumb" and never belonged to a club. I lived on a farm, and never had to go to a range to shoot, as we built one there at the house. I like being a member, but do miss just grabbing up a gun and walking outside "behind the barn".
    Events such as IDPA, and others make the club worth it, as well the good people you meet....kind of like here. I do find that many at the club are not CC people, but general sportsman. I started out as a pure sportsman and now find myself very active in the CC "lifestyle".
    SO...club or no club? active or not? sportsman or CC or both?
    this should get us started.....and GO STATE!
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

No club most of um want ya to know some one down and and put in lot of free time which guess what i dont have usually..

Or i cant meet the hours they want becuse of work etc etc

What club you belong to

Lead Moderator
    No club for me either. Being a single parent takes too much time. Plus we have lots of open state land to shoot on.

Just getting started in the world of handguns/CPL. I am just getting my bearings on what is available in the Lansing area as far as sportsman clubs and ranges. Family = priority therefore time is of essence, but I for sure want to log some time at the ranges. Only range I have found so far is the Total Firearms Range between Holt and Mason.

The valley of the sun scorched earth(Phx,Az)
    That is one thing I miss about living in the U.P. just picking up the rifle and goin out back to shoot . Now I live in Phoenix,Az so it takes a while to get to the shootin spot in the desert .
    NRA Life Member USCCA Member

Freedoms Precious Metals:Gold, Silver and Lead

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Kimber Tactical Pro II w/EE over 2000 rnds NO MALFUNCTIONS

Hello,

Just found this area for Michigan. Working out of the home office today and it's windy, rainey and getting chilly. I don't belong to any clubs. I do have a great place to shoot close to home but can only get back around 90 yards for rifle. Still, got plenty of room for pistol.
    I am in SW Michigan. Looking to get into IDPA. Have looked at the Capital City Gun Club site and am planning a trip up there next month.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    there is two rod n gun clubs with in fifteen minutes of my house i belong to one but never have much time for the events i usaly go to the public range where i can practice with out a instructor at the indor telling me no rapid fire and no drawing from the holster dont know if ill renew my membership next year

I belong to two clubs. One to shoot my rifles and pistols and one strictly for shotgun. Both are outdoor clubs so I go to an indoor range in the winter but don't belong to the club they have there.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Boomer, my club has an IDPA match scheduled every month, plus many other types of shoots. PM me if interested. It is in SW michigan.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice
    hey! (i'm new here )

no club for me, don't hunt either. CC 70% of the time, and go wings!

i'm extreme SE MI, (monroe) moving to the OC, (Oakland County) bummer.

i'd really like to IDPA or.. well, anything. but haven't the cash or time... for the next few months.

i'll keep watching the thread to see what everyone is up to.

I'm in the Keweenaw Penninsula of the UP. There is a SC in Chasell and an indoor range at MI Tech. I don't belong to anything but I will be joining the MTU range this fall. Right now I get in for free because I go with a RO from another forum. Perks.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

No clubs in my area. We do have a really nice outdoor range that does skeet, rifle and pistol. I need to get more involved there but like the rest of you time is a huge issue.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Places To Shot:

There Are Plenty Of Places Around The Metro Area.topgun Is An Indoor Range With Pin Shoots Every Wednesday,romulus Coonhunters Have Idpa Shoots/practice Every Wednesday For $5.00

Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice
    I shoot at TopGun, good people.

romulus Coonhunters Have Idpa Shoots/practice Every Wednesday For $5.00
    $5! i'd love to do this. just wasn't sure where. Do you have any information for this... web, phone er anythin'? I did a google search but came up with bluegrass stuff.

Romulus Coonhunters Are At Wick & Wayne Roads.go West On Wick Just Past The 2 Schools On Your Right.turn Right Into Dirt Driveway(if Gate Is Open) & Go Up To Clubhouse.i'll Grab The Flyer At Home & Fill You In Tomorrow.wednesdays Are Cheap Because Its Practice.you Don't Need To Be A Member On Wednesdays.BRING 100-200 ROUNDS.NEED CCW/CPL
    Last edited by CRAIGTZ71; July 14th, 2006 at 01:43 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links