Welcome me to Colorado!

Welcome me to Colorado!

This is a discussion on Welcome me to Colorado! within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey everyone...I've done way too much moving lately... anyways, now, I think we're done in Colorado. Anyone wanna get together and shoot? I'm in Lakewood, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome me to Colorado!

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar

Welcome me to Colorado!

Hey everyone...I've done way too much moving lately...

anyways, now, I think we're done in Colorado. Anyone wanna get together and shoot? I'm in Lakewood, just west of Denver. Does anyone know of good (cheap) shooting ranges in the area?

Lemme know. I can be emailed at desertfenix at gmail dot com.

- P
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

JD
    Administrator
    You know...I was actually looking at jobs in Lakewood before heading to Iowa, let me see if I still have some ranges plotted on my map.

ETA: I don't have my "Range file" loaded any more, but if you check out the NRA Website's: National Registry of Places to Shoot, you can find some places near you.

sweet, thanks JD. you shoulda moved out here...it's insanely beautiful. oh well, we've got an extra room in the apt...so you're always welcome to stop by!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I haven't found CO to be big on ranges. Lots of shooting out in Federal and State lands. Used to be shooting in Lefthand Canyon just outside of Boulder but they shut that down last year due to a few close calls.

check Weld County Fish & Wildlife and there is a Family Shooting Sports Expo going on Saturday June 20th out in the Pawnee Grasslands. I'd guess it's about 1.5hrs from you. Probably a great place to get your feet wet in regards to who's who and what's what here on the front range.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

JD
    Administrator
    OK, I found my file, this is what I had plotted, but I forget which are just shops and which have ranges, but some are pretty self explanatory. I don't think any are outside of a 25mi radius of Denver.

Green Mountain Guns: 11078 W. Jewell Avenue

Green Mountain Familt Shooting Center: 7860 West Jewell Avenue

* Cherry Creek State Park -- Recreation Center or Service (Amusement & Recreation)
    Street Address: 4201 S Parker Rd, Aurora, CO, 80014
    Yellow Page Heading: PLAYGROUNDS & PARKS
    SIC Description: PLAYGROUNDS & PARKS
    ZIP/Postal Code: 80014
    Telephone: 303-690-1166

Prarie Arms: 3809 NORWOOD DRIVE # 1 Littleton

THE SHOOTIST PISTOL RANGE INC
    2980 S GALAPAGO ST Englewood, CO

Gun Smoke 9690 W 44TH AVENUE -- Shooting (Draw Symbol)
    ZIP/Postal Code: 80033
    Layer: 2-SHOPS

* Jandro's Gun & Sports -- Sporting Goods (Specialty or Department Store)
    Street Address: 8485 W Colfax Ave, Denver, CO, 80215
    Yellow Page Heading: SPORTING GOODS SALES & RENTAL
    SIC Descriptions: SPORTING GOODS AND BICYCLE SHOPS; SPORTING GOODS RENTING
    ZIP/Postal Code: 80215
    Telephone: 303-274-7970

The Gun Room
    1595 CARR
    Denver, CO

I was really looking forward to getting that job out there, but I couldn't pull together the funds to make it out there for the interview and everyone else I was interviewing with was paying for T&L.

JD - off topic (sorry pcon) but how'd you make out with an Iowa permit? You have a link to a thread on the topic?

pcon - have you applied for your permit yet? I'm up in Weld County and they took a long time. You know residents are required to have a CO permit and cannot use a recirocal states permit for CCW here?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    JD - off topic (sorry pcon) but how'd you make out with an Iowa permit? You have a link to a thread on the topic?

pcon - have you applied for your permit yet? I'm up in Weld County and they took a long time. You know residents are required to have a CO permit and cannot use a recirocal states permit for CCW here?
    no, actually i did not know that, but it doesn't surprise me. i haven't applied yet, i'm a little low on funds from the move right now. i plan on it within the next few weeks though (once i start getting paid again).
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

The state legislature had to "fix" a non-existant problem (2yrs ago or so?) of residents mailing off to other states to get permits.

CO has reciprocity agreements but will only recognize a reciprocal permit if it's your home state. So, my dad lives in MN, CO doesn't recognize MN but does recognize UT; my father cannot get a UT permit and be legal in CO because he isn't a resident in UT. Same problem burns you here/now. Because you are a CO resident and no longer a resident of whichever state you came from; you are no longer covered.

Sorry man - but I'll put my paycheck on it that it's fact.

Who is John Galt?

The state legislature had to "fix" a non-existant problem (2yrs ago or so?) of residents mailing off to other states to get permits.

CO has reciprocity agreements but will only recognize a reciprocal permit if it's your home state. So, my dad lives in MN, CO doesn't recognize MN but does recognize UT; my father cannot get a UT permit and be legal in CO because he isn't a resident in UT. Same problem burns you here/now. Because you are a CO resident and no longer a resident of whichever state you came from; you are no longer covered.

Sorry man - but I'll put my paycheck on it that it's fact.

yeah, i figured as much. when i moved to MI in January, I'm fairly sure I went through the same thing. I actually opted to not have a CPL there because i knew i was only going to be there for a few months and didn't want to spend the $$.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Welcome from 9,500 feet, down by Cripple Creek.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

JD
    Administrator
    .....That's definitely topic for another thread that I will probably start in the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    .....That's definitely topic for another thread that I will probably start in the next month.
    cool - hope I don't miss it. I'm guessing Pcon will have a lot easier time getting his - provided he can scrounge the $160 bucks or so and can keep his sanity (and skin) during the 3month wait. Oh, and possibly an addition $100 for the CCW class IF required. (see the CCW laws for training requirements)

Pcon - read up on open carry laws. It's touchy in the cities and don't even think about in in Denver. OC is not protected in CO and local municipalities can create their own restrictions. But you can OC up in the forests while hiking etc.. Also, read up on vehicle law; you should be able to have your loaded pistol (not a rifle) in the car without a permit but verify for yourself.

Who is John Galt?

Welcome to Colorado!

Ape
    I belong to Ben Lomond Gun Club out by Kiowa. It's a great club with some nice ranges for anything you could ever want to shoot. It's about an hour drive for me, but well worth it considering it's basically only 60 bucks a year for my family and I. ;-)

BLGC Home Page

Welcome, from the People's Republik of Boulder. We're not all sheep up here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links