VCDL Meeting Richmond Va

This is a discussion on VCDL Meeting Richmond Va within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From VCDL ALLERT: VCDL is having another membership meeting in Richmond on the 20th! As with all VCDL meetings, they are open to the public, ...

Thread: VCDL Meeting Richmond Va

VIP Member

Thumbs up VCDL Meeting Richmond Va

From VCDL ALLERT:

VCDL is having another membership meeting in Richmond on the 20th! As with all VCDL meetings, they are open to the public, so bring friends, family, and co-workers. After the meeting, there will be continued fellowship at a local restaurant.

North Park Library
    8508 Franconia Road
    Henrico, VA 23227-1213
    HCPL-North Park Branch

Organization: Virginia Citizens Defense League
    Room: NP Meeting Room (60)
    Date: Thursday, August 20, 2009
    Time: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM, fellowship begins at 6:30 for those wishing to come a little early.

Contact North Park Library at 262-4876 if you have any questions.
    I'll not be there, as it would be an eight hour round trip. However, you are still invited as friends of RKBA.

And "yes" you can carry at a Library in Virginia.

BTW -- I will be at the VCDL a pot luck picnic at LONGWOOD PARK, SALEM Va. See:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ck-picnic.html

Come on out and join us for a family gathering!

If you would like to be my guest (e.g., I front the food for you) please PM me.

Otherwise, please RSVP Al Steed, Jr., at SWVAgunshows@vcdl.org so we have a good idea how many are coming so enough supplies will be on hand.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

I wish I could make it. I commute from Fairfax to Lake Anna and don't even get home until between 7:00 and 7:30. Hopefully there'll be one closer to work in the future so I can check it out.

What kinda stuff goes on at these meetings? I live about 45 mins from Richmond...

VIP Member
    Generally, there is a talk/presentation of some sort.

The last I went to it was an update on what's happening on RKBA here in Virginia -- local problems and what we are doing about them, thoughts on the up-coming legislative session, etc.

I suspect the Richmond Coliseum banning VCDL's Guns Save Lives stickers will dominate this one.

Delegate Joe Morrissey (74th District - parts of Henrico, Prince George, Hopewell, and Richmond City) will be coming to speak at the VCDL meeting in Henrico this Thursday.

Delegate Morrissey, who hasn't historically seen eye-to-eye with VCDL, did stand up for our 1st Amendment rights in an LTE to the Richmond Times-Dispatch a few weeks ago concerning the Richmond Coliseum banning VCDL's Guns Save Lives stickers.

He said in his letter to the editor, that he doubted he'd ever be invited to one of our picnic. He was invited to both picnic and meetings.

It should a good opportunity for both sides to communicate in a
    constructive, polite way and there should be some time for a little Q & A.

Afterward, we go to a local restaurant for continued fellowship, which also, helps focus some coverage, from time to time, that there are restaurants who welcome carry -- much to the chagrin of the antis.

If my wife wasn't having a surgical procedure tomorrow, I might reconsider my decision (to avoid the eight hour round trip) for this one.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links