New York member luncheon? - Page 2

New York member luncheon?

This is a discussion on New York member luncheon? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by JonInNY Albany area is fine for me too! I'm about 40 miles south. If you wanted to hold it way upstate, I ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Albany area is fine for me too! I'm about 40 miles south. If you wanted to hold it way upstate, I guess I could fly my Cessna there, but if we could agree on a circle around Albany, for say 30-50 miles, that would be fine.

It's the dates that may be problematical for me... at least for the next month or so. What dates do y'all have in mind?
    We have yet to set a date but I would like to find one that would be good for all. Even if it takes a couple of weeks or so for that to happen it's ok with me.

Everybody start throwing out some dates, I am pretty open on weekends.

Jon we may have a hard time finding a restaurant with a runway.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Jon we may have a hard time finding a restaurant with a runway.
    Actually, RK, you would be surpised how many airports have great restaurants on field. There's a book on the subject, called "The $100 Hamburger", listing all the great fly-in restaurants. One of the best in the area is Farmingdale, Long Island.

Anyway, I'm relatively flexible on dates, I will just go with the flow. I can say that weekdays are generally better than weekends, but I can work around that.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

My next question is, should we all wear T-shirts or badges with our avatar on it? That would be quite interesting, to say the least!

VIP Member
    JonInNY. Farmingdale, Long Island

I may have been at this one. I used to fly (Passenger) with a friend of mine before out of Oxford CT. We would touch down for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    JonInNY. Farmingdale, Long Island

I may have been at this one. I used to fly (Passenger) with a friend of mine before out of Oxford CT. We would touch down for lunch.
    It's called the 56th Fighter Group. Great Restaurant. Here's a link:

The 56th Fighter Group Restaurant in E. Farmingdale, NY
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

If you guys do albany, someplace on the west side would be better. I'd likely be staying at my parent's place in Rome and coming from there so if I don't have to go through the city that would make my day.

edit: That is if I can even make it. Depends on the date, like I said.

My next question is, should we all wear T-shirts or badges with our avatar on it? That would be quite interesting, to say the least!
    How about we all wear one of the yellow CCW sashes and a CCW badge on our belts. When we decide where to go I will make reservations and have a table ready so everyone will know where to meet once they get there.

BTW The Fulton Co. Airport had a diner in it and it was good food and pretty cheep. Now it is a seafood place but hear it's still good food.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

It's called the 56th Fighter Group. Great Restaurant. Here's a link:

The 56th Fighter Group Restaurant in E. Farmingdale, NY
    8 minutes from my house. You offering to swing by Farmingdale and Fly me to meeting? I have passed 56 fighter club thousands on times. I have never stopped in, brothers have for the nightclub.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    8 minutes from my house. You offering to swing by Farmingdale and Fly me to meeting? I have passed 56 fighter club thousands on times. I have never stopped in, brothers have for the nightclub.
    Not quite a swing-by for me Hitch... it's about a 45 minute flight south from my airport (Kingston), across the sound and into Farmingdale. You should try the restaurant though, it's great!
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Not quite a swing-by for me Hitch... it's about a 45 minute flight south from my airport (Kingston), across the sound and into Farmingdale. You should try the restaurant though, it's great!
    So it is slightly out of the way big deal!!! Not like you are driving sheeeeh. You ask a for a simple fly by. As dates go anything after the 9th of Nov. Will be in Las Vegas NV Sema show.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    So it is slightly out of the way big deal!!! Not like you are driving sheeeeh. You ask a for a simple fly by. As dates go anything after the 9th of Nov. Will be in Las Vegas NV Sema show.
    Well, Hitch, at about $100+ per hour, it's not the most cost effective way. But, I will make you a deal. If you're up in the Hudson Valley, I promise you I will take you for a swing around the valley (at altitude), which is a great way to see the Catskills!

Jonathan
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    JonInNY.
    I could fly my Cessna there.

I came in I-84 today between exit 3 and 4 and saw a plane in the air. I thought that could be JonInNY or Jonnie Law taking pictures. I slowed down a little in case.

Depending on when You Guys would get together, I live near Danbury CT. I may be in.
    My brother is a pilot and has a Cirrus Turbo GS. He loves that plane. He also has a Robinson R44 Raven II. I think he loves flying more than he loves his wife and kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    My brother is a pilot and has a Cirrus Turbo GS. He loves that plane. He also has a Robinson R44 Raven II. I think he love flying more than he loves his wife and kid.
    The Cirrus is a great plane. Here's a photo of me and the one I fly:
    Attached Images
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    The Cirrus is a great plane. Here's a photo of me and the one I fly:
    Plane or wife? 10 seconds to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Plane or wife? 10 seconds to choose.
    That's very funny. Well, maybe not. But it is the plane. I did that in 10 seconds.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links