New York member luncheon?

This is a discussion on New York member luncheon? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have gone skydiving at "The Ranch". Skydiving teaches you one thing, it does not make a diffrence where you sit on a plane when ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New York member luncheon?

I have gone skydiving at "The Ranch". Skydiving teaches you one thing, it does not make a diffrence where you sit on a plane when the bird falls from the sky.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I have gone skydiving at "The Ranch". Skydiving teaches you one thing, it does not make a diffrence where you sit on a plane when the bird falls from the sky.
    I know we're getting off the subject of our luncheon, but we pilots like to say about skydiving: "Why would you want to step out of a perfectly functioning airplane"?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    That's very funny. Well, maybe not. But it is the plane. I did that in 10 seconds.
    His new Robinson R44 Raven II at my folks house.

Untitled on Vimeo

A fly in would be great. Problem for me though is that I have not been checked out in a single in years. I am only qualified to fly airplanes over 25 tons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    A fly in would be great. Problem for me though is that I have not been checked out in a single in years. I am only qualified to fly airplanes over 25 tons.
    That's funny too! Come up to the Kingston area, and you you can putt around in a 172SP, at about 110 Knots. I think though, that you would be better in my 172 than I would be in your jet. Although, Bernouli's Law is the same for jets too!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

OK, how about Sunday Nov 8th in Albany at noon?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

November 8! So far, is ok with me. I can suggest two restaurants in Albany that I'm familiar with: The Standard, at Crossgates and The Cheesecake Factory at Colonie. Of course, if anyone else has ideas, I'm all ears.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Will not be home from Vegas. In for the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    November 8! So far, is ok with me. I can suggest two restaurants in Albany that I'm familiar with: The Standard, at Crossgates and The Cheesecake Factory at Colonie. Of course, if anyone else has ideas, I'm all ears.
    I'm ok with the places you mention, would you be OK with the 15th so HK will be home from Vegas?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Anybody from Long Island to albany needs a ride let me know since JonInNy doesn't want to swing by and pick me up. Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Anybody from Long Island to albany needs a ride let me know since JonInNy doesn't want to swing by and pick me up. Hitch

That's not fair... don't pick on me! As mentioned,anytime you're up in the Hudson Valley, the ride is yours!

Anyway I think we should postpone until after the 15th, in deference to Hitch. I'm actually in Republik of California right now, but will be back after the 1st.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Somebody has to be in the barrel.
    Done --> Hitch <-- Jon

Hitch and Jon, I'm going to let you guys come up with the date when you will be both home.

NRA Member

JoininNY: I am actually thinking about getting checked out again in a 172. I may look into either Danbury or Dutchess. White Plains is WAY WAY TOO expensive for aircraft rentals. I do keep, however, my CFI current.

Unfortunately the dates mentioned in this thread will not work. I will be working.

VIP Member
    Jetpilot007.
    I am actually thinking about getting checked out again in a 172. I may look into either Danbury or Dutchess. White Plains is WAY WAY TOO expensive for aircraft rentals. I do keep, however, my CFI current.

I don't know much about all this, but my Brother flys Lifestar/Medevac in PA. About 12 years ago give or take he was staying in CT with me and wanted to get certified in fixed wing. He went to Danbury and inspected the plane and pointed out things that needed repair. He went back a week later and nothing was done so they did not get his money. He went else where. That was a long time ago. Check it out for yourself before you commit.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links