New York member luncheon? - Page 4

New York member luncheon?

This is a discussion on New York member luncheon? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I received all of my certificates and ratings at Danbury (DXR) at a place called Arrow Aviation. They have since merged with North American, and ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New York member luncheon?

I received all of my certificates and ratings at Danbury (DXR) at a place called Arrow Aviation. They have since merged with North American, and now it is called Danbury Aviation I believe. There used to be 3 schools but now, given the state of the industry, only one left. They rent out C-152 for $105 per hour.

I still do part time work there. A friend of mine owns an Aerostar and I act as a saftey pilot for him. Actually I just flew there last week. It was really beautiful with peak fall right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Will not be home from Vegas. In for the 15th.
    Going to SEMA? Attending or Showing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    JoininNY: I am actually thinking about getting checked out again in a 172. I may look into either Danbury or Dutchess. White Plains is WAY WAY TOO expensive for aircraft rentals. I do keep, however, my CFI current.

Unfortunately the dates mentioned in this thread will not work. I will be working.
    Then toss a date out I am looking for input form everybody.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Jetpilot007.

That was awhile back when the Brother went there. Maybe that company is long gone.

I live about 15 miles from there in New Milford. If you flew near CandleWood Lake You flew near my place. There is a grass strip airport across from me. Candlewood Farms I believe, it was in the movie Mr Deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Hitch and Jon, I'm going to let you guys come up with the date when you will be both home.
    Hi RK, from California...

I will be back next week, Hitch, I believe, not until the 15th, so if you want to start mentioning dates after the 15th, i think that would be ok.

Jonathan
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    JoininNY: I am actually thinking about getting checked out again in a 172. I may look into either Danbury or Dutchess. White Plains is WAY WAY TOO expensive for aircraft rentals. I do keep, however, my CFI current.
    Hey Jet,

My airport up in Kingston (20N), has two 172's on the line for rental. The older one is about $95/hour wet, and the newer one, with GPS, is about $115/hour wet.

Thought you would like to know, for comparison. Also, Columbia County Airport (1B1) has similar prices, I believe. There are also some CFI's at my airport that can check you out on the 172's if all you're lacking is currency. Beside, as you are a CFI as well, I'm sure you would have no problems with doing that!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Hi RK, from California...

I will be back next week, Hitch, I believe, not until the 15th, so if you want to start mentioning dates after the 15th, i think that would be ok.

Jonathan
    How about bringing back some warm weather with you?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    How about bringing back some warm weather with you?
    It's about 60 degrees here in Santa Monica. Probably warmer back in NY!
    -- Benjamin Franklin

OK, I'm back from CA, and I think Hitch is due back on the 15th. Maybe we should think about setting a date? If Hitch is online, he can pipe in also!
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    OK, I'm back from CA, and I think Hitch is due back on the 15th. Maybe we should think about setting a date? If Hitch is online, he can pipe in also!
    Welcome back Jon.

NRA Member

Yikes, just found out that I will be going to Idaho, from Nov 21st through Nov 27th, and then in Turkey (without cranberry sauce) from Dec 17th through Dec 30th.

Maybe we can schedule this luncheon on one of those first weekends in December? I think everyone will be back (or around) by then.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

That works for me, we'll have to see about Hitch. There were a few others that expressed interest but have seemed to have lost it.

NRA Member

Hitch King is back from Vegas. No problems flying thru JFK with firearm. I wil be home until Nov 30th. then heading back to Vegas I think I am going to attend Frontsite, be back home Dec 6th.

Welcome home Hitch! I think we just have to keep throwing out dates, and hope for a match! I will be in Seattle in two weeks, then home for a while, then in Turkey, then back. So let's all try and keep in touch.

My first Saturday available is the 28th of November. Weekdays are more plentiful.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Welcome back Hitch, Lets nail down a date that works.

NRA Member

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links