Any one live in New Jersey? We need to talk please!

This is a discussion on Any one live in New Jersey? We need to talk please! within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm currently living in Chesapeake VA and I travel across the border where I'm stationed in E-City NC in the USCG. And I have enjoyed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one live in New Jersey? We need to talk please!

Exclamation Any one live in New Jersey? We need to talk please!

I'm currently living in Chesapeake VA and I travel across the border where I'm stationed in E-City NC in the USCG. And I have enjoyed being stationed in southern states due to my love for handguns and the 2nd ammendment and having a ccw. But unfortunately I'm getting out next month due to a medical retirement. and my wife and I are going back to are home state of NJ and I read it's hard to get a ccw there from packing.org I wanted to talk to someone 1st with a ccw in that state and tell how hard it was for them!
    IF YOUR GONNA BE DUMB YOU HAVE BETTER BE TOUGH!

2. Remove Ads

There's a few member here from NJ I'm sure they ill be along in the next few days

Assistant Administrator
    I'm not NJ but - from all I can gather - hell may freeze over first, before a regular Joe could get a CCW there.

I have to ask tho - even if it is your home state - is it really worth returning to a 2A repressive state as a long term move? I do not say that to try and inflame - just that I feel more than a little sympathetic to all folks who cannot gain their rights to carry.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'm hoping being a disabled vet with a good backround and trying to enter the private security field where most companies require a ccw permit will be good enough reason for the superintendant to signoff on my application. i'm looking for some input on that theory what do you guys think?
    IF YOUR GONNA BE DUMB YOU HAVE BETTER BE TOUGH!

Assistant Administrator
    Your reasoning makes sense OK - and you'd deserve to have one granted but - just the pessimist in me makes me wonder if it would actually happen.

I'll leave it tho to NJ guys to comment - and hopefully give you some useful info.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I think if you have the proper licensing for the private security or PI work your argument would hold water. Good luck.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

VIP Member
    Former NJ resident here.....CCW is a tough sell in the Garden State, but given what your qualifications and objectives are....it's not beyond the realm of impossibility.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Oh lord, stay in Ol Virginie! The possession of hollow point ammunition (NJ) in some circumstances is a felony I was informed!!!!

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/about/fire_hollow.html

The possession of hollow point ammunition (NJ) in some circumstances is a felony I was informed!!!!
    It's legal to use hollow points for target practice but not self defense.

My quasi-intimate knowledge of nj ccw is that you need an act of congress or be well connected to get one. I do believe if you get one for a job such as security, they can put a restriction on it where it's only valid while you're working. Depending on where in nj you're looking to move to may I suggest PA.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I wouldn't bet on it from what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by rperillo
    I'm hoping being a disabled vet with a good backround and trying to enter the private security field where most companies require a ccw permit will be good enough reason for the superintendant to signoff on my application. i'm looking for some input on that theory what do you guys think?
    I'm not from there, I refuse to go there for any reason, and I have a best friend living there. If he wants to see me he comes to MN, or we meet in the middle. I strongly urge you to seek employment elsewhere.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Forget it there is only a handfull of permits out there.You have to be a big Dem supporter(BIG) As far as guard permits and permits used for work there only good for when your working If you had the cash to get one it has to be renewed every year by a superior judge do yourself a favor stop at least 1foot from the border in Penn and set up house.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum shorethang.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I lived in Jersey at one time and thats why I left. CCW is an impossibility unless you slip the right amount of $$ to someone who can "assist" you. Forget it and as said earlier move to Pa where you can get a permit within a week.

Fortunately not from Joisey.

Quote Originally Posted by rperillo
    No way your dreaming I have lived here 50 years and have looked into all gun laws unless a superior judge signs off every year for you you get nothing in the way of carry if you get a job were you need to carry you only carry when your working not on your way home not on your way to work(forget it)unless you contribute lots $$$$$$ every year you could be one of a few hundred in a state of 0000000000,0000000000,0000000000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links