Texas meets Hou 1/9, SA 1/30

This is a discussion on Texas meets Hou 1/9, SA 1/30 within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If any Texans would like to get out and shoot with some neighbors, members from a couple of sites are teaming up for these: Houston ...

Thread: Texas meets Hou 1/9, SA 1/30

If any Texans would like to get out and shoot with some neighbors, members from a couple of sites are teaming up for these:

Houston 1/9:
    http://texasgunowner.com/forum/showt...uston-Meet-1-9

and San Antonio
    http://texasgunowner.com/forum/showt...reet-1-30-2010

We're into pulling triggers and shooting the bull.

Here are some pics from today's meet:

1/09 Houston Meet

If anyone is interested, I'm putting once a month meets together around Texas. So far, we have Houston, Dallas and Austin.

VIP Member
    Good pictures. Looks like you all had fun.

Had a nice Dallas meet yesterday, pictures: Well..WELL?? Where are the Pictures?? 4th post down (#14)

Big meet is this Saturday in San Antonio. Free raffle with 10 t-shirts, 5 knives, and 3 Lula loaders to be given away.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Wow, too bad i didn't see this sooner. If there's another one in Houston, let me know.

From another Forum......

Benefit Bruce Shoot & Blood Drive Jan 30th 1:pm The Impactzone
    FYI It is THIS SATURDAY

Benefit Bruce Shoot & Blood Drive
    Jan 30th 1:00 PM at The Impactzone

The Impactzone

See bottom for notes from Bruce
    On Jan 3rd Bruce Ross suffered a gunshot wound from a 30-06 too both legs removing several inches of his right femur as well at arterial damage to his left leg, due to a Accidental Discharge of a firearm, NOT of his own doing. Bruce is recovering but has a long road ahead of therapy and surgery's In order to help Bruce and his family with out of pocket expenses the Impactzone is hosting a Benefit shoot and blood drive to benefit Bruce, the Monaville VFD and all who may suffer any injury requiring blood
    There will be games of chance and skill for both handgun and rifle in a carnival type atmosphere, tickets will be purchased at a cost of $5 each or 5 for $20. Participants may then elect to use their tickets as they wish, to enter the different events or to be placed in the general raffle. Anyone who donates blood and brings a receipt or there blood donor instructions can exchange them for a ticket.
    Poker Shoot a target with 52 playing cards, contestants fire 5 shots on a swinging target in a limited amount of time, best poker hand wins, events in both rifle and pistol
    Pistol Poker Shoot Prize A true classic two tone blue/nickel Colt Series 70 Gov Mod built during the early 80's Checkered front strap, forged mag well, Bo-mar rear sight, and EDM Specialties Keeper Porting System, beaver tail grip safety, extended thumb safety, mag release and full length guide rod. Before compensators this was the IPSC gun of the day, a real piece of history and one of a hell of a defensive handgun even by today's standards.

Rifle Poker Shoot Prize Romanian AK 47 the same one given away at the Comp-Tac Warrior Support match Poker Shoot
    Texas Star Limited Pistol Glock 23 Texas Star Open Pistol 1000's of rounds of ammo calibers to be announced.
    General Raffle
    participants do not need to be present to win if their name and Phone # is printed clearly on ticket
    Grand Prize's
    Saiga AK-47 in 7.62x39, Two day class with Sony Puzikas and 1000 rounds of ammo,
    Point Blank Interceptor Body Armor with 7.62 SAPI plates,
    Advanced Armament Corp 22 cal Aviator Suppressor, NFA required trust paper work and $200 to cover Federal Tax

The following is a list of persons or members of the firearm industry who have contributed prizes and support to this benefit
    Home
    SureFire Flashlights & Tactical Lights
    Tactical Gear Supplies Military Law Enforcement Federal Tactical Gear Tactical Weapons Survival Kits
    KNS Precision, Inc.
    R&R Ammo
    Advanced Armament Corp.
    storewebpage
    Pistol and Rifle Ammo ? Ammunition Protecting Your Freedom
    Comp-Tac : Top-Quality Firearm Accessories
    Tactical Accesories | Tactical Saiga Accesories | Gun Accessories & Saiga Magazines
    Tactical Shooters has moved
    Sonny Puzikas with Gospel of Violence
    Welcome to Preston Tactical
    www.suarezinternational.comm
    Hoffners Custom Leather Holsters
    www.360tacticaltraining.com
    GripReductions.com
    WHIDPA - West Houston IDPA
    Anytime Anyplace Fitness Inc.
    Texas South Section USPSA Shooting in the Houston Texas Area
    TacMedSolutions.com - Welcome

Those that are interested on contributing to the prize table or helping
    contact Phil Oxley theimpactzone@peoplepc.com or 832-274-8549
    Notes from Bruce
    Dear all,

Thank you for the many kind thoughts and prayers since the AD accident on Sunday. I am a man of deep faith and everyday find myself floating on the wings of many prayers, it is a wonderful experience!

I also want our community to understand that we have good reasons to feel proud because I survived what should have been an unsurvivable injury so far from town. Phil's prompt and technically correct tourniquet placement prevented me from bleeding out - that leg had a completely severed poplital artery - and 4 minutes is one's life expectancy for that wound if not treated correctly.

Please make sure the EMTs and fire/sheriff personnel plus the lifeflight crew also get a well deserved "thank you" for doing their jobs in the most professional way possible. While I obviously wish this AD had not happened, and I still have a long recovery ahead, because everybody took the correct actions at the right time I am still here to say "thanks"!

Bruce Ross
    Home

Home

Providing Family, Criminal and Personal Injury Law Services in the Houston Area since 1998.

NFA ownership counseling - Trust preparation, Corporation & LLC formation, Assistance with BATFE Forms

S & M Arms, LLC, Type 07 Manufacturer & Dealer
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Pics from yesterday's San Antonio Meet:

1/30 San Antonio Meet

Get out and shoot!

Links