New product! AIWB

This is a discussion on New product! AIWB within the MidWorld Holster forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; I am happy to announce my new appendix carry holster. The leather belt loop with a pull the dot snap attaches the holster securely to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New product! AIWB

New product! AIWB

I am happy to announce my new appendix carry holster. The leather belt loop with a pull the dot snap attaches the holster securely to the belt. It is mounted on a standoff strut which has two purposes. First, as you tighten your belt the tension supplied by the strut pushes the grip of the gun toward your body providing great concealment. Second the strut allows you to tighten your belt without compressing the mouth of the holster allowing easy re-holstering. The strut also allows you to carry this holster with your shirt tucked in. This holster has a full body shield for comfort and easy re-holstering. Retention is adjustable by simply turning the screws running through the strut. This holster is priced at $50.

If you have any questions please e-mail me mark@midworldholster.com.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images
    TX expat and Kennydale like this.

2. Remove Ads

Very creative. With the thousands of holster designs out there, you have come up with something different - at least I have never seen any with the stand-off strut before. It looks like it would work very well.

Being somewhat circumferentially challenged, appendix carry usually doesn't work very will for me. Would this holster work well as a tuckable at the 3:00 or 4:00 o'clock position or would a different design be better?

Thanks.

Thank you for the compliment. I did not come up with the offset strut, there are other holsters out there that use something similar. My main innovation was the attachment method. In pictures it appears that the screws are holding on the strut, but if that were the case, releasing the tension on those screws would also loosen the connection of the strut to the holster body. What I did was rivet the strut to the holster body with the standard hollow rivets, and I ran the tension screws through the rivet. Now the strut has the strength provided by riveting it to the holster body, but I am still able to have adjustable tension.

As to carrying it at 3:00 or 4:00 the thought had never crossed my mind. After seeing your post, I went ahead and wore it that way for a little while. It concealed very well and was pretty comfortable. The single attachment point did allow the holster to move quite a bit when I sat down, which aided comfort, but made the weapon present it's self at different angles at different times. This angle varied from vertical to about a 10 degree cant. I can't say if that would be a problem for you, but for me I will stick with the Ohio Special for 3:00 carry.

What gun do you carry? If it is something common, I would be willing to send you one to test for a week. If you like it, you can buy it. If not, send it back. All I would ask in return is that you write a review on this forum.

Let me know if you are interested.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MidWorld View Post
    Thank you for the compliment. I did not come up with the offset strut, there are other holsters out there that use something similar. My main innovation was the attachment method. In pictures it appears that the screws are holding on the strut, but if that were the case, releasing the tension on those screws would also loosen the connection of the strut to the holster body. What I did was rivet the strut to the holster body with the standard hollow rivets, and I ran the tension screws through the rivet. Now the strut has the strength provided by riveting it to the holster body, but I am still able to have adjustable tension.

As to carrying it at 3:00 or 4:00 the thought had never crossed my mind. After seeing your post, I went ahead and wore it that way for a little while. It concealed very well and was pretty comfortable. The single attachment point did allow the holster to move quite a bit when I sat down, which aided comfort, but made the weapon present it's self at different angles at different times. This angle varied from vertical to about a 10 degree cant. I can't say if that would be a problem for you, but for me I will stick with the Ohio Special for 3:00 carry.

What gun do you carry? If it is something common, I would be willing to send you one to test for a week. If you like it, you can buy it. If not, send it back. All I would ask in return is that you write a review on this forum.

Let me know if you are interested.
    Hello, again Mark. You have come up with another innovative yet reasonably-priced holster. By taking the forward edge of the sweat shield back ever-so-slightly, this holster will accommodate rmr and DeltaPoint reflexive-sight-equipped holsters. It looks great, and based on the workmanship I have seen in your other holsters, will wear and function great, as well.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    That's a great looking design. I carry appendix every day so I'm always pleased to see a well done AIWB holster on the market. That looks like it would be a solid choice for folks wanting to carry in that postion. Great job on choosing the snap attachment. I think that is a more versatile choice over a solid loop design personally.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    That's a great looking design. I carry appendix every day so I'm always pleased to see a well done AIWB holster on the market. That looks like it would be a solid choice for folks wanting to carry in that postion. Great job on choosing the snap attachment. I think that is a more versatile choice over a solid loop design personally.
    Thanks.
    I went with the snap loop because I feel it is more secure, and flexible enough to allow the holster to move just enough, when sitting, to be comfortable.

They are also easier to make.
    TX expat likes this.

VIP Member
    I have been test-driving the Ohio Special holster I received for my Glock 19 recently, and I am ready to pronounce it the most comfortable, concealable and accessible iwb holster I have ever used for that handgun. You definitely hit it out of the park. If your new AIWB holster performs similarly for those of that persuasion, you will have a hard time keeping up with orders. Well done.
    Remy likes this.
    Tuco

Interesting design. I've been interested in finding a comfortable carry method for my Glock 26 that works with the clothing I wear (jeans or shorts and T-shirts usually) and have been thinking about AIWB for a while. Your design is innovative. I also have a bit extra in the ab area, which i am attempting to lose. Do you think you holster would be comfortable until I do?
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Hello, again Mark. You have come up with another innovative yet reasonably-priced holster. By taking the forward edge of the sweat shield back ever-so-slightly, this holster will accommodate rmr and DeltaPoint reflexive-sight-equipped holsters. It looks great, and based on the workmanship I have seen in your other holsters, will wear and function great, as well.
    +1, I have been looking for a AIWB to accomadate my M&P compact with deltapoint. I would be happy to try your first one out. Let me know here or by PM if this is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I have been test-driving the Ohio Special holster I received for my Glock 19 recently, and I am ready to pronounce it the most comfortable, concealable and accessible iwb holster I have ever used for that handgun. You definitely hit it out of the park. If your new AIWB holster performs similarly for those of that persuasion, you will have a hard time keeping up with orders. Well done.
    Thanks Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    Interesting design. I've been interested in finding a comfortable carry method for my Glock 26 that works with the clothing I wear (jeans or shorts and T-shirts usually) and have been thinking about AIWB for a while. Your design is innovative. I also have a bit extra in the ab area, which i am attempting to lose. Do you think you holster would be comfortable until I do?
    Thanks for looking. I can't say weather or not it would work for you. I am a bit thick around the midsection too, and it really doesn't work for me. I would recommend trying it with just the unloaded gun, just to see if that position will work for you before you spend money on a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmith View Post
    +1, I have been looking for a AIWB to accomadate my M&P compact with deltapoint. I would be happy to try your first one out. Let me know here or by PM if this is a possibility.
    I would be happy to modify one for you. I don't have them on my website yet, but should by tomorrow. If you decide to order one, send me an e-mail with your order number and the measurements of your set up.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MidWorld View Post
    I would be happy to modify one for you. I don't have them on my website yet, but should by tomorrow. If you decide to order one, send me an e-mail with your order number and the measurements of your set up.
    I will also mention the Ohio Special as an option for the DeltaPoint/rmr-equipped pistols. Here is the original prototype, made for a grip-chopped Glock 17.
    midworld 17 holster 004.JPGmidworld 17 holster 001.JPGmidworld 17 holster 007.JPG
    TX expat likes this.
    Tuco

Mike1956 noted the aiwb holster will accomodate rmr'd pistols.
    Can I assume then, that the sight channel is high enough to allow smooth draw/holster with suppressor sights, as they back up rmrs?

Thanks in advance,

dan

Quote Originally Posted by jdsumner View Post
    Mike1956 noted the aiwb holster will accomodate rmr'd pistols.
    Can I assume then, that the sight channel is high enough to allow smooth draw/holster with suppressor sights, as they back up rmrs?

Thanks in advance,

dan
    I use a 3/8" dowel for my sight channel. As long as your front sight is 3/8" or it less should be fine. If you have even higher sights, let me know, I can always use a bigger dowel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast