My personal review of MY Gun DB - Page 2

My personal review of MY Gun DB

This is a discussion on My personal review of MY Gun DB within the My Gun DB forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Originally Posted by Nathanimal The really nice thing about this program is the way that you can upload photos of your guns and accessories. It ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My personal review of MY Gun DB

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanimal View Post
    The really nice thing about this program is the way that you can upload photos of your guns and accessories. It is really nice to have it all in one location for inventory control and insurance purposes. You could even scan in receipts for the gun and other purchase information.
    Actually, ill be adding a separate section for storing scanned docs to keep them separate from the picture tab. Should help keep things more organized, I think.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk and Red Bulls

Well just thought I would comment and say I liked the free version so much I donated last night and got the code to make mine a registered version. It is worth the cost and I am excited to see it grow. Hope more of you will support this as it is a great tool. Let's keep it going.

Thanks for the database.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Thanks bigdog, I appreciate the kind words! Let me know any suggestions you have!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk and Red Bulls

Angry Paid for full registration -- GOT NOTHING!

Hopefully, one of these days, I may get an opportunity to find out IF this software works as well as described.

Today I made a mistake that I had not made in many years....

I made the mistake of trusting the great reviews for this software here and elsewhere and therefore going direct to the Full Registration paid through PayPal rather than downloading and installing the trial version first. I figured that since I needed to record more than 10 firearms, I'd avoid starting out with the 10-gun limit. So instead of just installing the trial, I paid for a full registration -- BAD MISTAKE.

Only then I discovered that paying for the registration got me absolutely nothing -- no software, no registration code, NOTHING! Just a nice receipt from PayPal and a quick trip to the egress.

Returning to the MyGunDB website, I found that there isn't even any way to download the software. Clicking on any of the download buttons makes it change to Thank You then to a picture of half a gun -- but NO Download!

I've sent you an email reply to your first email and responded on my forums to your post there, but I'll post here as well in case you missed them.

Normally the app is downloaded before purchasing the key, so I don't send a link (I guess i should change that -- I'll edit the site later to fix that)

Please install AIR through here first: Adobe - Adobe AIR

Then after it is installed, download the .air file from here and it should install when you run it:
    http://myifsgundb.com/ifs/MGDB.air

The manual links are on the front page on the right side column, but I'll look at how to make them clearer for anyone who has an issue.

Glad the manual install worked for you as per our email discussion. Let me know if you run into any other issues!

Thanks for the prompt attention to the problem. The software seems to be working as intended now that I was able to get it downloaded and registered -- Sorry if I seemed a bit strident and impatient, I was looking for some way to reach you and getting frustrated that nothing was working.

Quote Originally Posted by N4AOF View Post
    Thanks for the prompt attention to the problem. The software seems to be working as intended now that I was able to get it downloaded and registered -- Sorry if I seemed a bit strident and impatient, I was looking for some way to reach you and getting frustrated that nothing was working.
    No worries, I'm still working on the code changes and workflow that you mentioned in your other post on my forums. There is more I can do to make it easier, you're right.

I've been playing with the eval version and like the ease of use and the vast amount of information that can be stored... I wasn't super keen about the price, but taking into consideration of my investment in my "hobby", it's only a drop in the bucket. Somebody mentioned earlier about a possible Smartphone version coming...IOS Please :-)

Ok, that's it, I'm in....Off to PayPal :-)
    "Gun Control - Hitting what you aim at"

NRA Lifetime Member
    Wilson Combat XTAC - Colt Wiley Clapp LW Commander - Gunsite Colt CCO - Kimber SIS - H&K USP40 - Glock 23 - Glock 27
    http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by AWIZRD View Post
    I've been playing with the eval version and like the ease of use and the vast amount of information that can be stored... I wasn't super keen about the price, but taking into consideration of my investment in my "hobby", it's only a drop in the bucket. Somebody mentioned earlier about a possible Smartphone version coming...IOS Please :-)

Ok, that's it, I'm in....Off to PayPal :-)
    Yep, IOS/Android versions in the works -- no ETA as I'm finishing up some stuff in the Desktop version, but it is coming! :D

Sweeeeet!...You should have my PayPal notification already :-)
    "Gun Control - Hitting what you aim at"

NRA Lifetime Member
    Wilson Combat XTAC - Colt Wiley Clapp LW Commander - Gunsite Colt CCO - Kimber SIS - H&K USP40 - Glock 23 - Glock 27
    http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by AWIZRD View Post
    Sweeeeet!...You should have my PayPal notification already :-)
    Email on the way. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrage View Post

Please install AIR through here first: Adobe - Adobe AIR
    Too bad, so sad. I was attempting to get the trial version this evening. Big problem for me (and maybe others as well) though. Adobe AIR for Linux is no longer supported.
    Inactive US Marine 74-82 . NRA Life Member . GOA Member . Florida CWP holder

Actually, air 2.6 is available for linux still, which is all mygundb will ever need. 3.0+, which isnt available for linux, has to do with mobile development and there not needed.

Im a linux user myself.

Sent using Red Bulls and my phone, please excuse any typos.

I guess if I were a bit more attentive, I would have noticed that the Adobe AIR website mentions, "To access older, unsupported versions, please read the AIR archive.". DOH!

So I insalled AIR and MyGunDB and am here to tell you that I'm up and running! WooHoo!

It's late and I need my beauty sleep, so I'll play around with MGDB inthe morning.

Thanks for your heads up!
    Inactive US Marine 74-82 . NRA Life Member . GOA Member . Florida CWP holder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast