Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello from the Peoples' Republic of New Jersey

1K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  frankmako 
#1 ·
I just joined and thought I would introduce myself. I am a refugee from packing.org having been a poster there for over 6 years. I agree with Gary Slider, that it has gone down hill over the past year or so due primarily to the inattention of its owner, Mark Solomon. What was the premier database and chat forum for CCW and firearms in general is no more. I must say that Gary has done a fine job with handgunlaws.us. If you have not seen this page, I suggest you do because it’s full of accurate and useful information. Also, let me suggest opencarry.org. This is a fine website for those of us who prefer to exercise our rights in the open (where legally allowed that is).

PDO had a lot of fine and intelligent posters and it is my hope they will follow Gary and I to this website where standards may be maintained and we can all learn from each other. I look forward to both learning and contributing in the future.

BTW, yes I live in the communist slave state of the PRNJ and please feel free, if you like, to poke fun as living here I have developed a very thick skin.

#3 ·
Welcome from someone who lives in Misery halfway to Paradise. That's my joke on Missouri and where I live on the road that goes to a town named Paradise.

Wishing you well on living in the PRNJ and hoping that someday you may make it over the wall to the free United States.

Thanks for the compliments on the forum. We are a bit heavy handed for some and not enough for others, however we seem to serve those in the middle fairly well most of the time. It is a fine line that we occassionally fail to walk, but we try. Bumper (the forum owner) has given us a nice spot on the net to talk about CCW and I know I appreciate it.

-Scott-

#11 ·
Hunterdon?

That is where I am living now and while it is not a conservative county, as compared to the United States proper it is conservative comparatively speaking with the rest of the PRNJ. As far as moving goes, on PDO I have taken a lot of ribbing (good natured) over the past 6 years about living in this cesspool of a state. I am currently in the job market and am concentrating on PA and VA. Even if I happen to land a position in the PRNJ, hopefully it will be in the Western part of the state enabling me to move to PA and commute to the PRNJ everyday. That would be a big improvement over what I do now.

The problem as I see it, is even if you can find a job in other states the cut in pay you would have to take is not something too easy to stomach. And while the cost of real estate and property taxes are far less than the PRNJ, the cost of everything else is the same (actually gas is even more). We’ll just have to wait and see.

#16 ·
Welcome, JSG...

I too am a refugee from PDO...just registered here this morning. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.