Defensive Carry banner

New guy from MA

1K views 35 replies 35 participants last post by  semperfi.45 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

I just signed up for the forum, and currently live in the wonderful state of Massachusetts (get all of the jokes out of the way now, I'll wait...)

Anyway, I'm purchasing my first everyday CCW in a few weeks, and of course it has to be on the MA-approved list (it's like putting together a puzzle, one half of the list is online, but the other half is magically only in the head of the Attorney General...didn't Mission Impossible deal with this?) It has made the search difficult to say the least.

Currently, I have the list narrowed down to 3 weapons:
1. Sig P239
2. S&W M&P 9c
3. Walther PPS

All of which seem to have good reviews, and seem to be reliable, so it comes down to which one I shoot better. Of course, I like them all for different reasons, so I'm stuck!

Anyway, if anyone is knowledgable about these 3, drop me a line and let me know.

Jesse

See less See more
#2 ·
I have shot all three, and I'll say that they are all very, very different platforms. You should operate each of them a while before making a decision. Of the three, by and large my favorite is the M&Pc. Great ergonomics, striker fed trigger, no safeties, and a very natural POA. I appreciate the design and aesthetics of the Sig guns but personally, the long, heavy DA pull isn't my cup of tea. The PPS I have no love for at all.

Welcome to the forum BTW. I used to live in Suffolk county, had a LTC-A, and belonged to GOAL, etc. Glad I don't have to put up with the annotated list of stuff that one can only buy in MA, or the annoying Mayors for Illegal Guns propaganda that used to be so prevalent. I do miss shopping up at Four Seasons in Woburn though. Both for the drive and for the good company at the shop.

Hope to see you around more in the future.

#4 ·
Welcome to DC from gun-friendly Utah:hand36:

I'm partial to the Sigs as well, I've shot a lot of guns, and have yet to find anything of higher quality or better reliability.

#8 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...

#11 ·
Wow... you guys are friendly!

Being from the Northeast... what do you want?!

I'm just kidding.

I've shot all 3 guns now, and honestly, I don't have a preference. They were all wonderful in their own way. The sig was the most accurate for me, but the heaviest for EDC. The Walther was the smallest and easiest to carry, but I don't really like the idea of the a backstrap safety, and the S&W was in the middle, good all around but not great...

Sigh... I just need $2000 to buy them all! Not sure how to break that one to the wife...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.