Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Howdy from PacNW!

1K views 34 replies 35 participants last post by  Tracker15 
#1 ·
I guess it's about time I introduced myself. I'm originally from TX but now living in WA. The only real experience I have had with guns is with my mom's and dad's deer rifles (30.30 & 30.06). My dad had a .357 Magnum, too, but he never let me shoot it. I was surprised at how heavy that gun is. I am more interested now (at this stage of my life) in getting a license for CC and getting a gun for personal protection. My dad is deceased now, and I could really use some good advice from more knowledgeable folks on various handguns. I know most of you probably have your favorites; just please don't recommend the most expensive thing on the market. I am not kin to Bill Gates. :smile: I am happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know some of you!

#9 ·
WELCOME !!! :image035::wave::image035: From KENT WA.

What part of The area are you in ??

As to a gun to start with = A Revolver.

The 2 "Brands I recommend are S&W or Ruger. ( the Model will depend on what use you are going to use it for.

If you are a "Newbie" you might start with a .22 cal.to start with. ( here you might also consider a Taurus because of $$$) Use for "learning to shoot, Plunking & fun. ( CHEAP AMMO ) Once you learn to shoot, THEN MOVE onto CCing.

GET TRAINING !! If you would like some advise ( what is avail, where & classes to take ) PM me. ( I am a NRA TC Level Instructor ( I train NRA Basic & Instructors ) & part of a very active training team + have info & contacts in the Seattle area ( Have & do train "staffs" for several ranges/clubs)+ Know many of the "training groups" in WA.

Puffer

#12 ·
Welcome to the forum from Virginia.

Find yourself a range near you that rents guns to shoot. Shoot as many different makes and models as you can before making the investment in your weapon. Try both revolvers and semi-auto. No one weapon is right for everyone.

#19 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...

#21 ·
Welcome from the eastern side of the state.

Find a range that does training and rents guns. Puffer gave good advice. Get a basic class in, rent a bunch of different guns and you will find one you like. Don't take the word of the guy at the gun store as to what you should buy, too many of them aren't good people to get advice from.

If you are from the east side, the Sharp Shooting range is good. There's also one with a good reputation in Post Falls just across the state line.

#26 ·
Welcome from VA....I highly recommend seeking training courses--not just on marksmanship, but how to employ your gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.