Defensive Carry banner

Happy to be here!

2K views 45 replies 44 participants last post by  bsnow 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I am new to guns and self-defense in general.

I lived a life of blissful ignorance until May 14, 2010, when my wife and one year-old son were abducted at gunpoint, taken to an ATM, and robbed. I only learned of this after they were safe; the news hit me like the proverbial ton of bricks, and forever changed me.

I grew up in a house without guns, and without a lot of thought for self defense or home protection. We weren't anti-gun, we were just complacent, and I was too naive even to realize it. Looking back, I see that I carried this naivete over to my own family.

My family is alive, unharmed, safe, and together, and our attacker is behind bars. I see this as a second chance - a chance to learn to protect and defend my family, instead of hoping that the bad guys don't bother us again.

The only purchase I've made so far is a Taser C2 for my wife, which she requested specifically. I think she needed it to feel safe again. She wants to get her CCW permit, but for now is not interested in carrying a gun. After I've carried for a while and grown comfortable with it myself, I'll try to warm her up to the idea, too. She is aware of my plan and supports it for now :smile:

I've shot several guns in the past six weeks, which is the only shooting I've ever done. I've got my eye on a Kahr PM9, and as soon as I get my wallet on it too, I'll be carrying it everywhere I go.

I'm a self-professed newbie, here to learn as much as I can. No instruction or criticism will go unappreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
SOOOO glad everything turned out ok!

...and welcome from a neighbor a bit to the south.

#3 ·
Glad your wife and son are fine. You'll find a wealth of knowledge here, to help you make informed decisions.

Welcome to the forum from Virginia.

#4 ·
Glad that you and your family are ok. Welcome to the forum and take advantage of it to help you make educated decisions. Again, Welcome!

#11 ·
Very happy to hear your family is 'OK' after that trauma. Also pleased your taking action to better your awarness and abilities. Learn all you can.....and the bunch here are pretty knowledgable, competent, and experienced. Ask anything......and search away here as well, chanches are it's been asked......maybe.

.....and Welcome Aboard from Georgia's southern coast!

#12 ·
Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!!

Glad things worked out OK for your family.

Arm up, we may all need to be carrying very soon!!!!

#14 ·
Happy to have you. Welcome!

#23 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.