Hello from Louisiana... - Page 2

Hello from Louisiana...

This is a discussion on Hello from Louisiana... within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome. I've been through Bunkie quite a few times myself. We used to go to Griffin's Antiques, but noticed they've closed, last time went to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VIP Member
    Welcome. I've been through Bunkie quite a few times myself. We used to go to Griffin's Antiques, but noticed they've closed, last time went to another just south of Griffins, I can't remember the name, nice folks though. Is the old hotel they remodeled still in business?

I just remembered we were headed north from BR a short time after Gustav, we were taking backroads because of a detour. IIRC we had to divert travel in Bunkie as it seemed there was a fire there fairly late that night, right on the main drag.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks guys, ppkheat yes we had a large structure fire that day, it lasted through the night. That was one of the biggest structure fire's ive ever been to. I think the other antique shop is Blue Bird Antiques, ( I think ). Our city is a nice little place, but hurting. Weve lost lots of buisness's, we also lost Walmart and Winn Dixie. That really hurt the tax revenue. Man guys I really like this Forum, been on here for the last couple hours. Lots of good info.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Welcome to the forum from Virginia.

JMO, but you might want to reconsider the ankle holster. It is difficult to get to your gun with it in an ankle holster, not to mention it is quite obvious when you bend down and pull up the pant leg to access it. IWB is a better option and there are plenty of holsters available that will make your gun disappear on your body.
    Im a tall thin guy, I wear a 29x32 pant lol. I tried several different holsters and its really rough on my waste. For my conceal class I used a holster by black hawk, think it was called a serpa 2 paddle back are something like that. Well that was a nice holster but the Glock just stood out there and would print really bad, yes ive tried some of those in the waste band holsters but guys its really uncomfartable on me. Not sure what im going to do. Now please remember, im not legal to carry concealed just yet. I just sent my paper work of to the state, now have to wait. I was just trying those holsters out in the house to get the feel and see what would feel best. I do agree that the ankle holster is not the best, but its way easier for me. Are recomend a waist holster that would fit a thin guy easy, Please! Im all ears, lol. Are should I say eyes...lol

VIP Member
    Welcome from SE Missouri.

Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Alright Bunkie, I'll 'tee off' on this for a bit........

Quote Originally Posted by bunkiefd4 View Post
    Im a tall thin guy, I wear a 29x32 pant lol. I tried several different holsters and its really rough on my waste.
    Me, I'm slightly mo 'well rounded'...34X34 britches for me.....what holsters, specifically, have you 'played with' so far? Being rough on your waist I understand. Any good holster (IWB, inside-the-waistband or OWB, outside-the-waistband) will have side/sweat guard that'll prevent that Glock from rubbing aginst you.....it is more comfortable. For an IWB holster, I buy my britches a size bigger to help comfortably accomadate it. Also, invest in a quality gun belt! That purchase alone will make a WORLD of diffrence! Good gun belts are a little thicker and considerably stiffer to distribute the weight of the gun (and extra mags) evenly on your waist. It really makes a HUGE diffrence!

For my conceal class I used a holster by black hawk, think it was called a serpa 2 paddle back are something like that. Well that was a nice holster but the Glock just stood out there and would print really bad,
    That Serpa paddle is a good holster but your right, it isn't the best for wearing concealed. In cooler weather (like now) with heaver clothes/jackets it's a good 'un just the same, but regulated to specific times.

yes ive tried some of those in the waste band holsters but guys its really uncomfartable on me.
    There are many good IWB holsters out there. I have a Galco Summer Special that I just HATE. the most uncomfortable holster for me EVER! The IWB holster that I just love and is extreemly comfortable for all-day carry is this. (click on the blue word, I embedded a link there) Look through thier whole site.....thier a good company with a fast turn-around time on their orders. Also look at the CrossBreeds......actually, review all of the site sponsers, they're all good and you'll see/find just what your looking for I'll bet.

As for an OWB holster, you need one that holds your G23 close (tight) to your body. Also, the 'higher' it rides, the better concealed it'll be. I judge how high a gun sits in a holster by looking where the trigger rests in relation to the belt. I special-ordered an Eagle Defender from K&D holsters about three years ago. I asked Kevin to 'modify' it a little for me......to make it hold my G23 slightly higher and cant (the angle the gun sits in the holster) the gun slightly more forward for me. It's the best OWB holster I've ever owned! The only mistake I made was not asking for a sweat guard to be 'added' to it.....I still love that holster just the same! Again, look through our sponsers and see what they have for you AND do a search here on previous threads on the holsters you find.......chances are we've discussed here before already. This fourm is a GREAT resourse if nothing else!

Not sure what im going to do. I was just trying those holsters out in the house to get the feel and see what would feel best.
    Wearing around the house is a good way to judge 'em......BUT........without a good gun belt, your shorting yourself a 'true' critique.

I do agree that the ankle holster is not the best, but its way easier for me. Are recomend a waist holster that would fit a thin guy easy, Please! Im all ears, lol. Are should I say eyes...lol
    The best holsters, I've found, are the ones that have a wider 'seperation' of the belt slits or clips, thus distrbuting the weight of your sidearm over more of the belt. Me personally, stay away from the ankel stuff, especially with a G23. With a smaller gun or BUG (ie: Back-Up-Gun) it's a choice to be considered, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it with that gun.

Keep looking around and when ya find something that look like what your looking for, search it out here and see what others have already said......AND ask the questions.....This bunch of fourm-rats here are the finest anywhere on the net.......that's just my opinion.

Good Luck!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Man thanks for the info, it must have taken a couple of minutes to type all that up. Im on duty at the firehouse rite now and on saturdays we can spend a lil extra time on the computer, so im gonna spend alot of my time reading on here and looking at different holsters, again thanks for all the info. Oh yea, I kept seeing the word LEO and wasnt quite sure what it meant. Think I figuerd it out lol, Law Enforcement Officer.... Somedbody correct me if im wrong.

Your right...law-enforce. officer, and yeah, as slow as I type it makes it a challenge...lol

Have a good watch!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Your right...law-enforce. officer, and yeah, as slow as I type it makes it a challenge...lol

Have a good watch!
    Haha, yea I hear you on that. You oughta see me type, I look like a chicken eating feed lol. Thanks again....

Welcome from Montana!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Welcome Bunkiefd4 . Been your way several times going to Alexandria. I am from Plaquemine. I can tell you you will get a lot of useful info here, so good reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    Welcome Bunkiefd4 . Been your way several times going to Alexandria. I am from Plaquemine. I can tell you you will get a lot of useful info here, so good reading.
    Yep, Plaquemine isnt to far from here. We go up to Alexandria alot. You come down Hwy 71 when you come through?

VIP Member
    Welcome from Michigan!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Yep, Plaquemine isnt to far from here. We go up to Alexandria alot. You come down Hwy 71 when you come through?
    Once in a blue moon I have 2 uncles that live in Alex. usually go up I-49. Y'all had a lot of ice up there the last couple of days. We were lucky just cold and rain here. I can tell you you will make some friends here too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links