"Youngster" new to carrying - Page 2

"Youngster" new to carrying

This is a discussion on "Youngster" new to carrying within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I can honestly say I've never been welcomed so extensively to a forum.

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. Read as much as you can here and you'll pick up a lot of valuable information.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Welcome from Virginia.

VIP Member
    Welcome from SE Missouri.

Welcome from South Carolina...Keep in mind, reading will only serve you to a certain point. Take advantage of EVERY training opportunity that might be presented to you. Seek out and follow through with "professional" training as much as your wallet will allow as you gain knowledge, skill, and experience. Stay safe and be prepared!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome from Kansas.
    God bless our troops!

Welcome from southern Louisiana!

Mag44Laf
    Semper Fi

VIP Member
    Good for You young man, seems like You got Your head screwed on. Welcome.

welcome from another guy thats not 21 yet that is carrying concealed. started carrying concealed 6 months after my 18th birthday. in alabama its also legal to get your permit at 18. im assuming that you are still in high school so make sure that if you want to be able to carry after school you have a good lock box in your vehicle and never tell anyone that you have it or the gun in there. in most states not only is it illegal to have a gun on school grounds but will also make your vehicle less of a target during school.

i can remember one instance that a woman saw my shot gun (had been duck hunting that morning) laying in the back of my jeep. she told the school then called the cops. the principal knew me, called me to the office, and told me to hide my gun FAST the cops were on the way. ended up putting it the trunk of one of my friends cars incase mine got searched. the whole point of that story is even if your school or admin is cool with guns. it only takes one crazy lady to screw up your life fast.

Welcome Aboard from the Great State of Missouri. I think you will find a wealth of great information here and a friendly environment to learn and share your experiences.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Welcome from Texas!
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Welcome from Tallassee, AL.

Greetings from VA....via Germany. Lots of good information here...Recommend seeking additional training beyond the basics (after you've mastered the basics).
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links