Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hola muchachos -- Greetings from Portland, OR

973 views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  PatrioticRick 
#1 · (Edited)
Lurker turned poster. Glad to be here! Looks like an interesting site, with some good discussions going on.

CCW/CHL for 10yrs. Have generally carried a S&W 442 Airweight in a Mitch Rosen pocket holster. Learned on a Browning BDM 9mm. Have the BDM, plus a new CZ P-01 9mm "in training" (break-in, trigger job, grips swap) for daily carry duty, though will still use the 442 for discreet, go-everywhere concealment.

Looking for an excellent OWB leather holster for the CZ P-01. Likely, paddle style, to accommodate frequent removal. Considering a refinishing for longevity, something like Birdsong's Black-T, Wilson's Armor-Tuff or similar.

Otherwise, I'm continuing to hunt through the archives. Enough reading to make one cross-eyed. :congrats:

:wave:

Michael

#4 ·
Down near Klamath, there's the excellent Thunder Ranch facility. Up north about 100mi, there is the Firearms Academy of Seattle, which has a great mix-mode range including rifles. A few smaller ranges do rifles, and of course there is the wide open spaces. Got to love lightly-populated areas.

I've done shotguns from time to time. Not a bad shot, for little practicing, if I do say so. Haven't done rifles for a long time. Worked with my grandfather's .30-06 deer rifle now and then, some years back. That was a treat.

I lived in a very small community on the coast in Calif. for 20+ yrs, with CCW/CHL for 10yrs. Recently having moved to the Portland area, I am still learning the "ropes" so to speak. (It's 100* right now, which is well below the 108* in the hills just west/north the other day.)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.