man who claims selfdefense charged with murder 9 months later!!!!!

This is a discussion on man who claims selfdefense charged with murder 9 months later!!!!! within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: man who claims selfdefense charged with murder 9 months later!!!!!

thanks

Hi.

Although I'm not your lawyer, I am a lawyer...and I happen to know your lawyer would poop kittens if he knew you were posting about your case on the internet.

See, what you did here in that post is called a confession, because you just admitted to shooting someone. Self defense in a justification defense that you need to prove after the prosecution has proven it's case in chief - That you shot someone and they died.

If you like the whole 'freedom' thing, get your head on straight and stay the hell off-line till this thing is over.

Good luck on the trial and all, and try to not confess online anymore where the DA's investigators can find it, and use your post against you.

Further...I don't think you understand what you are charged with. Murder in the 1st degree...that's premeditated murder. That's not a charge which get's applied to a botched self defense incident, so either you are wrong about the charge you face...

Or their is "something" you aren't being forthright about.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Probably not a good idea to discuss this on an open forum. Just my opinion.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

I recommend this thread be LOCKED by the moderators...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

That user name doesn't help much

This is wrong on so many levels.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

and their very first post..... which makes me wonder and doubt that their post probably had any truth to it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Wow, it took a whole 30 seconds searching google to find the news article of the incident. I must say on it's surface the charges being filed are perplexing.

But as with all news paper reports, we never have all the real facts. Obviously to police took nine months to do a complete investigation and develop the case.

I won't link to it here, but you can do your own search if you are interested.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Wow, it took a whole 30 seconds searching google to find the news article of the incident. I must say on it's surface the charges being filed are perplexing.

But as with all news paper reports, we never have all the real facts. Obviously to police took nine months to do a complete investigation and develop the case.

I won't link to it here, but you can do your own search if you are interested.
    I should have looked further, you are quite correct.

And, "charged with murder and the use of a firearm in commission of a felony" , is the kicker that had been left out of some articles. Seems police didn't take long, but it sat months with the DA's office and their investigator before a charge was brought.

The first response to the OP, was the best one that could be given. Geez... not a good move to be posting about it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

It is also being discussed on another gun forum specific to the state where it happened.

One of the posters claims to be the best friend of the defendant. I must say, after he posted the criminal record of the deceased, I am shocked the prosecutor would even consider filing charges.

Of course, it's my understanding that unless the defendant had first hand knowledge of the deceased prior bad acts at the time of the shooting, it won't be admissible in court and the jury will never hear the deceased prior record. I believe that is because of the 401 exclusionary rule. Although I may be mistaken.

However, the prosecutor definitely had access to the deceased criminal record, and could have used her discretion whether to file charges or not.

Which makes me wonder, what really are the basis for the charges?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Once you crack the egg its hard to keep the guts from coming out,Don't post stuff on the internet that can come back to bite you, it will stay in cyber hell for eternity
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I don't go to bars,but if it happened the way it was reported,then I'm confused,unless something is missing.Good reminder to shup until u seek legal counsel
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

+ 1 for dukalmighty

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Seems as though we have discussed this situation several weeks ago: Man claiming self defense is charged with murder, eight months after the shooting
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I don't know what to make about this.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links