Lets all be on the same team - Page 3

Lets all be on the same team

This is a discussion on Lets all be on the same team within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by claude clay until it was revealed that you carry a Glock everyone is entitled to one mistake....make it a good one. upside ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Lets all be on the same team

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    until it was revealed that you carry a Glock

everyone is entitled to one mistake....make it a good one.
    upside is if it is taken by the police,
    they have taken nothing of value.

-------------

honestly, it is a great tool ( though how they can make them for $47.00 and sell them for $549.00 is a mystery to me...)
    and to quote a famous also down under guy...."Never said i didn't know how to use it."
    I cant stop laughing now. HAHAHAHAHAHAA

A warm, if belated, welcome from NE New Jersey.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Administrator
    Originally Posted by adric22
    As a moderator you can probably look at those and see that I am telling the truth.

Actually, no. We (or at least the "regular" moderators) cannot see PMs between members (nor do we want to..lol.. unless, of course, they NEED to be reported for forum rule violations). I'm not sure about the admins they could have special powers I'm not aware of.
    To us regular mods private messages are just that: private.
    You can report them to a moderator if they are out of hand but we cannot see personal exchanges unless they are reported.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FYI. Members should know that your private mail is truly private. Admin. cannot view Private Mail Messages.
    Bumper has had it set up that way ever since I can remember.

Feel free to "talk" about us all you want to in Private Mail. What we don't know won't hurt us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ( though how they can make them for $47.00 and sell them for $549.00 is a mystery to me)

Actually the Glock frames can really be cranked out rapid fire.

BUT, ~ there are (count em) 15 Man/Machine hours that go into the creation of every Glock slide & the factory barrels are some of the most precise and accurate barrels ever made.
    That is where the $$$ is. In the slide and the barrel.

Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    FYI. Members should know that your private mail is truly private. Admin. cannot view Private Mail Messages.
    Bumper has had it set up that way ever since I can remember.

Feel free to "talk" about us all you want to in Private Mail. What we don't know won't hurt us.
    Good to know!

I can't say that I have personally said anything negative to you or in reply to you, but I can say that I have read a few responses to the post you have made and seen that you have been looked on in some what of a negative light. It takes a big person to record a video and publicly post it as you did, so I tip my hat to you.

One question, why do you not wear a wedding band?
    CCW- Smith & Wesson M&P 9mmC
    HD- EAA Witness P .45acp
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by younggun View Post
    I used to for many years. But it was always a nuisance. In my line of work and hobbies, any sort of jewelry will be. Beyond the obvious issues of catching on the inside of electrical or computer equipment, or preventing me from being able to get my fingers down in a hard-to-reach spot under the hood of a car, there are less obvious reasons too.. When working with live computer equipment the ring can accidentally cross two low-voltage conductors. My finger would not be a problem, but the ring will short something out. Also there is the risk of damaging the ring or loosing it inside of something. I do have a wedding band, and I do wear it on occasion. Just not the norm.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    i understand economies of scale in production, much like a car assembled from parts would cost 5+ times what it does assembled.
    and I'm to understand that 15 hours is progressive....as i there are many units moving along to various points of being processed. and if you followed just one of them, t would be a 15 hour journey...but there are many spaced moments apart along the machining process.

and the glock is a great shooter...half the IDPA shooters at the various clubs i frequent use them. for some events, based on the design of one or more of the stages, the glock is more appropriate than my customary 1911. the fact that its grip angle if 'off' for me, heck---after a few rounds my wrist adjusts and all is well.

and as has been noted, lead, hard and not +P, pushed with a medium fast powder ( not Bullseye) does not lead the polygonal glock bbl ( nor my HK P-7)
    inexpensive ammo, lot of fun....all is good

-------------------

somethings spell-check passes on are, er....cute, unintended, perhaps even inapproite... but cute.
    Last edited by claude clay; July 7th, 2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: unnecessary
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by younggun View Post
    Somewhat OT (good safety discussion though) but I'm with Adric22 there. I've been married for 36 years and haven't worn a wedding ring for about 99% of the time. I'm a farmer and its easy to get a ring snagged in a piece of equipment and lose my finger or hand. I too am worried about creating an ele circuit while working on heavy equipment. FWIW I don't wear any rings, I put up with a cheap plastic band wristwatch and that's it. My wife is fine with "my" decision, she understands and agrees.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Moderator
    Eh.. neither JD nor I have worn our wedding rings other than on special occasions for years.

My father never wore a wedding ring either.

I don't care what's on his finger (or mine for that matter) or the lack thereof.. it's what's in the head and heart that count.

Administrator
    I don't wear my wedding ring either. My girlfriends get sort of upset when they see it.

Really, I've not worn mine since I took a nice hefty amount of Gold off of it when I accidently hit it on a grinding wheel years ago.

I was thinking about wearing it on a Gold chain just so I could have it on my person but, decided against doing that.

I have told my Wife that she has a Ball & Chain around my ankle...why do I need a ring on my finger?

In all seriousness she understands why I don't wear it.
    It would take a terrible beating in getting all scratched up and dinged, squashed, and dented on my hand.

It does not bother her at all that I can't wear it.

When we go out together or we go to family functions...I put it on.

I wear a band...I have been married only a year. I can definitely notice it getting in my way on occasion. I take it off to do anything with guns, tools or work of any kind. My wife wears hers because I spent a lot of money on them and she enjoys the complements she gets from other women for them...LOL She is very lowmaintenace but loves showing off her diamonds I got her.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    After one of the green wing macaws squashed it on my finger, and I had to cut it off with a side cutter (notice I used the proper PC word), I haven't had it repaired. She knows what's in my heart and what's left of my brain.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links