Lets all be on the same team

This is a discussion on Lets all be on the same team within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I made this video at the spur of the moment. Sorry there is about a 15-second section where I accidentally had my finger over the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Lets all be on the same team

Lets all be on the same team

I made this video at the spur of the moment. Sorry there is about a 15-second section where I accidentally had my finger over the microphone. I hope this will help break through a little of the internet anonymity by seeing that I'm a real person. Since I never formally introduced myself to this forum many months ago, I figure this is a good place to start.

I also want to point out that through all of the flames we've had around here, never once have I suggested other people that they should do as I do. You can go back and look through the posts if you wish and see that I'm right. Also you will see that I've always maintained a cool head and been respectful of others, even when they are insulting me. I try to keep a higher moral ground than that.

So that all aside, I hope we can put an end to some of the flaming we've had around here and try to start again.

2. Remove Ads

i dont know man your a mac user how mutch can i like you?

jk,

VIP Member
    First off let me offer you a belated welcome from Virginia.

I've read quite a few of your post, some I agree with some I don't. That's the nature of life though. After viewing your video I have decided you can't be all bad, after all YOU ARE a cat person. Us cat people have to stick together, we seem to be outnumbered!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Well, if this is going to become a cat lovers thread, I'm in...

and to keep the subject on guns...

Well, I've got a Mac, and two cats, I carry chambered, and I haven't seen a whole lot of "flames" on DC? I do think it took some guts to put yourself out there and explain your point of view. If it gets too personal, the Mods should step in and calm everyone down before it gets to bad. Don't go away, give us a chance, and we may get it right before too long.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Well, if this is going to become a cat lovers thread, I'm in...
    Cute cat. He/she looks a lot like Purrbox did when she was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Cute cat. He/she looks a lot like Purrbox did when she was younger.
    The cat's a she. That's a box that some ammo was shipped in that she has claimed as her own. She weighs 7 lbs 3 oz and is absolutely fearless. LOL She defends the house against all agressors, especially crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    The cat's a she. That's a box that some ammo was shipped in that she has claimed as her own. She weighs 7 lbs 3 oz and is absolutely fearless. LOL She defends the house against all agressors, especially crickets.
    Our two defend against lizards that keep getting in the house, as well as spiders, and their favorite - mayflies. One of them likes to bring me the little lizards and put them near by feet and meow to make sure I see it. She wants me to see that she caught it and praise her for it. (then I have to go flush it when she's not looking)

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    cats or whatever pet you take to; why do you even bring this subject up? but since you seem to want acceptance so desperately, i may point out that as long as you interchange those who disagree with you as being insulted, common ground will be difficult to find.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

You may wish to carry unchambered but you still carry. We are not that different. Same cause, same right.
    On a lighter note, it is not like you bashed Glock or anything, that would have really done it!
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

O.K., a belated, official Welcome...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    It's good to finally meet the man behind the posts.

The look on your wife's face was priceless. My wife would have given the same reaction.

You've got a beautiful, loving family. Keep them - and yourself - safe.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    cats or whatever pet you take to; why do you even bring this subject up?
    His cat - as with many of our pets - is a part of his family. And since the cat was there as he was filming, with the purpose of the video being to give us a glimpse of the man behind the keyboard, why not?

Besides, it's not like he really was the one who started into the cat stuff. Apparently, we've got quite a lot of cat-lovers in this community (although I'm a dog-guy, myself...I could never have a pet that's smarter than me ).

...but since you seem to want acceptance so desperately....
    I don't know that adric22 wants "acceptance," so much as for people to know who the person is that they are interacting with.

In virtually all of my online communities, I've actually met and made real-life friends. Most of these are local communities of common interest/hobby, but I've actually been lucky enough to, on some occasions, have physically met and shaken hands with "e-friends" from across the nation as well as the globe. Maybe acceptance is what we're all after...after all, we're all part of this community here, right?

I think the video is rather nice: I'd rather see a video like this than read a "new member welcome" any day.
    Last edited by TSiWRX; July 4th, 2011 at 05:09 PM.
    Erick46590 likes this.

VIP Member
    Good job on the video, great way to do an "introduction".

DC is a great forum, be sure to stick around. Any forum can be a tough place sometimes if someone offers a thought or opinion that goes against the grain of the majority. Sometimes things aren't "absolute's".........so be it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links