Decided to carry

This is a discussion on Decided to carry within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello everyone! I'm new to defensive carry but happy I've made this choice. I used to think that guns were for paranoid people and that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decided to carry

Exclamation Decided to carry

Hello everyone! I'm new to defensive carry but happy I've made this choice. I used to think that guns were for paranoid people and that carrying a gun was not necessary because we already have the police to protect us. After witnessing the L.A. riots when I lived in California and later the chaos after hurricane Katrina hit Lousiana while I lived in Texas, I've realized the police either WILL NOT or CANNOT protect law abiding citizens during times of disaster. I'm also now married and have two young daughters to look after. THIS IS WHY I CARRY. I now know that I can protect my family from thugs who dont give a damn about my family's life. I hope to learn from my new forum brothers and sisters and hope never to have to use my weapon, but will not hesitate to place someone in a state of permanent sleep if need be!

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Welcome aboard from Iowa!

GM
    Welcome to the forum
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Welcome to the forum from Michigan!
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Welcome!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Welcome, and +1 on protecting you and yours. Next, get wife and girls to the range.
    Exercise your 2nd amendment rights....not doing so jeopardizes that right for everyone.

Welcome from southern California! Great decision and glad that you made it before u potentially needed it. Always nice to see people become educated and make good decisions.

Bigjon

Welcome from MI and former Californian. Congrats on your decision to carry
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rhcmlc View Post
    I've realized the police either WILL NOT or CANNOT protect law abiding citizens during times of disaster.
    Not only that, neither are they charged with protecting any individual against crime at other times as well. By definition, the police are a reactionary response. They come after a crime has been committed, make a report, perform an investigation and hope to arrest the perpetrator. They are rarely in a position to stop a crime from being committed as it happens. They can't respond until they are called. And they don't arrive in a puff of smoke as you are still on the phone with the dispatcher. They have to drive to and arrive at the scene before they can intervene. There is a saying which is more than just a snappy slogan. It's the truth! "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!"

Very glad to have you aboard Rhcmic. I'm glad you came to the realization that only the individual bears the ultimate responsibility for their own safety and welfare.

Thanks for posting and again, welcome to the ranks.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Who're you calling paranoid?

Seriously, welcome & congratulations on your choice. Stay safe.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Welcome to DC from GA.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Welcome from Texas!
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Rchmic, welcome from North Carolina. Wise decision.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Lead Moderator
    Welcome to the forum!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links