Hello from Wa State

Hello from Wa State

This is a discussion on Hello from Wa State within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I've been following the forums for maybe a week after finding them during a search for Glock info... I'll explain more about that in a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Wa State

Hello from Wa State

I've been following the forums for maybe a week after finding them during a search for Glock info... I'll explain more about that in a bit.

I started learning to shoot at the beginning of the year with my best friend. We bought an S&W 9mm M&P. We had no idea what we were doing, no classes or instruction or anything. One of the guys at the range showed us a few things about grip. Sheesh! Well, I've definitely learned a lot since then, done a lot of research. I got my CPL this spring and a Glock 26 for carrying.

I had some problems with FTE while using Sellier & Bellot rounds. Most recently, I've discovered that Federal and Am Eagle, Hornady TAP, etc will feed just fine. But as soon as I loaded the S&B, it was yet another FTE after only 5 rounds. And no, I was not having any limp wrist issues. So I guess it just doesn't eat that Czech stuff well.

Anyway, happy to be here and looking forward to learning more about CC.

Welcome from MI!

My friend owns a Glock19 and has not had any issues with S&B that I'm aware of. Am Eagles seem to be very consistent and work well and recommended by quite a number of people.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Mmm, Glock good, and Howdy from Texas!
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Howdy, neighbor!

GM
    Welcome to the forum
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Welcome Aboard from Down Georgia way!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Welcome from the Hawkeye State! Good luck with your FTE issues. I have an M&P40 that has never given me any trouble, but then, I've never tried S&B ammo. I always use Winchester White Box 180 grn bonded JHP for practice. I can get 50-round boxes of it locally for under $17.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

Also in Washington

I literally stumbled onto this forum while putting together my daily "Seattle Gun Rights Examiner" column.
    Looks like an interesting bunch of people.

Welcome from the East Coast and former Washingtonian.
    (Miss the mountains and the SA rights you enjoy there.)
    Good to have you aboard.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    I literally stumbled onto this forum while putting together my daily "Seattle Gun Rights Examiner" column.
    Looks like an interesting bunch of people.
    Ah, could it be another member of the Fourth Estate lurking in the shadows of gun ownership? Welcome to you, too, sir, from a retired photojournalist/newspaper editor!
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

VIP Member
    Welcome from Michigan!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by BigRay View Post
    Ah, could it be another member of the Fourth Estate lurking in the shadows of gun ownership? Welcome to you, too, sir, from a retired photojournalist/newspaper editor!
    Uhhhh, I'd hardly claim to be "lurking in the shadows of gun ownership."

Lessee...I write regularly for GUN WORLD (I'm in there this month!)
    I'm the Senior Editor of GUN WEEK
    I am guns and shooting columnist for Northwest Sportsman

Author, with Alan Gottlieb of:
    America Fights Back: Armed Self-Defense in a Violent Age
    Assault on Weapons
    These Dogs Don't hunt

and we have another one in the works...

and by myself: Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities
    I also do the On Handguns column in GUN DIGEST, THE MAGAZINE

Owner/proprietor of D&D GUNLEATHER in North Bend, WA

So, uhhhh, I don't ever claim to be lurking in the shadows. But it's nice to be welcomed somewhere. Usually, the bouncer throws me out.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum.

Different guns like different ammo. You can have 2 exact same guns and they may not like the same ammo. My Dan Wesson 1911 eats any 45 ACP round I've ever fed it. My Kahr chambered in 45 ACP won't function at all with Russian Tula ammo. Just have to experiment to find what works best in your gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Different guns like different ammo. You can have 2 exact same guns and they may not like the same ammo. My Dan Wesson 1911 eats any 45 ACP round I've ever fed it. My Kahr chambered in 45 ACP won't function at all with Russian Tula ammo. Just have to experiment to find what works best in your gun.

Geez, with so much good AMERICAN-made ammunition around, why use that Russian junk?

Cripes, I bet my handloads are better fodder, but I once bet I could jump out of a window and fly around the building, so keep things in perspective...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links