Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello all

906 views 28 replies 27 participants last post by  Adam42 
#1 ·
My name is Anthony. Originally from Alabama. I'm Active Duty Navy and have been for 9 years now. Currently living in Florida, but have been stationed in Maine, and Washington State. I loved Washington and really miss it there. I have my CWP for WA and just applied for my Florida CWP and expect it pretty soon. Florida did recognize my WA permit, but Alabama does not. And since all my family lives in Alabama and I'm visiting there often, it only made sense to apply for the FL permit.

I currently have 3 pistols. The first I bought is a S&W M&P 40 (standard size). I have been very impressed with it. Always feeds anything I put through it. My second purchase was a S&W M&P 360, which is a .357 snub (1 7/8"). It's not the most pleasant weapon to shoot, but it will do the job. I bought it primarily for summertime carry when I'm usually wearing shorts and a t-shirt. My third and favorite pistol is my Sig P220 Carry SAS. I have to say that it fits my hand perfectly, I love the weight, and the trigger is like a dream. I love the .45 round, but most .45 double stack mag pistols dont quite fit my hands as I would like. So the single stack is perfect. I made all my purchases in WA. There was a store there that dealt with alot of Law Enforcement, and they offered the same rates to military on LE models. So I think I got some pretty good deals.

I chose the M&P over Springfields XD and XDM. Nothing against Springfield at all, I really liked the feel of the M&P and I got a better deal on it. It was a no-brainer for me. The snub I chose over another S&W J-frame .38. Slightly smaller barrel on this one, but otherwise same frame and grip. I just like being able to shoot .357 if I want.

All three pistols have night sights on them which I love. I currently have several different holsters. For the M&P 40 I have an unkle mikes IWB holster, and a Galco belt holster. For the snub I have a galco pocket holster, a blackhawk belt holster, and a galco IWB holster. For the Sig I have a galco shoulder holster system, and a galco belt holster. Hope to soon buy an IWB holster for the sig, so if anyone has suggestions let me know.

See less See more
#27 ·
Welcome from Virginia...via Germany. I highly recommend you seek additional training beyond what is required for your permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.