We have been overwhelmed with new members

This is a discussion on We have been overwhelmed with new members within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Wow, I have been absolutely caught off guard by all of the new members the last few days. Believe me, this time last week I ...

Thread: We have been overwhelmed with new members

DC Founder

Wow, I have been absolutely caught off guard by all of the new members the last few days. Believe me, this time last week I could literally count our members on one hand. We are now growing by the hour, a rate that prevents me from welcoming each of you individually. PLEASE don't take that personally. I am reading every posting and I am glad to see each and every one of you here in the forum. I hope you like what you find here and come back often. If you don't, I hope you won't hesitate to tell me what you would like to see. This is your chance to have input into what this forum becomes. I read and consider each and every request and will do everything I can to make this a forum YOU want to come back to time and again. Those of you that come by to simply read and not post, you are welcome here as well BUT we could all benefit by your knowledge and experiences as well, so take a stab at posting.

Several of you recommended that the dark background, light text was annoying (and I had to agree) so that change has obviously now been made.

The dark header graphic, however, now looks a little "funny" (not to mention the questionable rights to the use of the photo in the header graphic that my "volunteer graphics guy" so kindly provided us) so that will be replaced this weekend.

Other improvements visible to the members and behind the scenes will be made in short order, including a incremental performance upgrade. I hope to get it all squared away within the next 2-3 weeks. I do have a day job like everyone else, though so please bear with me.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! We're all glad you found us and I look forward to each of you helping build this into a CCW forum where we can all benefit by each others experiences.

Regards,
    Randy (Bumper)

also new...

Randy, also new here the last few days.. saw it posted on another forum..

Looks like you have a nice place, have put a lot of work in.. Thanks! Looking forward to it..

Pat

DC Founder
    Thanks, Rocky. It has been a lot of work the past week or so with all of the new members:)

Nice forum. I came over from Glock Talk. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Found this place at AR15.com. Glad to be here.

DC Founder
    Welcome to the forum, TealGunner! :)

Originally posted by Bumper
    Wow, I have been absolutely caught off guard by all of the new members the last few days.
    Es muy bueno.

At the current rate, this place will be up there with Glocktalk and AR15 in no time. :kay:

DC Founder
    Originally posted by S.O. Interceptor
    At the current rate, this place will be up there with Glocktalk and AR15 in no time. :kay:
    I could live with that but, Lord, please let me get this upgrade and install done before that happens :P

Originally posted by Bumper

I could live with that but, Lord, please let me get this upgrade and install done before that happens :P
    Request denied.;)

DC Founder
    Originally posted by S.O. Interceptor
    Request denied.;)
    Acck :barf:

Links