Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Howdy from KY

823 views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  searcher 45 
#1 ·
Hello from Central KY-
Nice site here and would like to learn as much here as possible and maybe even contribute here and there.

Been around firearms most of my life shooting only long guns until the mid-90s. Bought a Ruger P85 9mm and got pretty proficient with it but nothing to write home about. Went several years just shooting here and there, nothing consistent... got married and have a family. After 9/11 it got me to thinking about taking care my family and the things I could do toward that end. Joined the NRA and got to reading the "Armed Citizen" column regularly seeing that even though we live in a relatively safe town and area that we aren't immune to someone trying to randomly do us harm.

I've had my CCDW permit for a year now and carry daily. Although I shoot often, I still am looking for additional training with my XD40 Service and my 870 Tactical. Always looking for good info and thought-provoking conversation about guns, situational awareness and our 2nd amendment rights. Sorry this was so long...

#12 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...

#23 ·
Welcome from Virginia...via Germany...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.