Female Colorado Horse Rancher with Glock 19

This is a discussion on Female Colorado Horse Rancher with Glock 19 within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome from Seattle! Lots of Glockers here....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Female Colorado Horse Rancher with Glock 19

tts
    Welcome from Seattle! Lots of Glockers here.

2. Remove Ads

Thanks. I became dubbed "the Glock Queen" with my husbands Gen1 G17 so when it came time to choose my own, it was a no brainer ! Just love my G19.

Quote Originally Posted by tts View Post
    Welcome from Seattle! Lots of Glockers here.

Welcome from Orlando. Lived thirteen years in Denver, and left in the early 90's....still miss it.

As I'm sure you've already discovered, the Glock 19 does wonders for dispatching large snakes. Had a Water Moccassin jump out of the lake water and onto the dock I was standing after the last of the 2004 hurricanes that hit Central Florida.....took me three shots, and tore the crap out of the dock, but it was either him or me. Water Moccassins have really bad attitudes, and will attack.....unless they meet a 147 gr 9mm JHP. He did.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

The snakes were already gone for the winter when I got my G19. We lost a horse this week from complications from a rattlesnake bite so they are not welcome on our place.

Welcome you will want the Holster forum, and I personally recommend the Galco Cross Draw. Well made factory rig, and wont break the bank like a custom one.

You might want to step up to a rifle for those bears. the two legged critters will do fine with 9mm.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I'll check it out - the Galco. I have posted to the holster forum and have received some great ideas there too.
    Trouble is, with the rifle, it is usually in the closet when I'm out and about on the ranch. But I'm extra wary during a couple of weeks during spring and fall when we are most likely to see a bear. Two falls ago one came into our house - twice in the same night !
    BTW, what does it say under the BO poster?

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Welcome you will want the Holster forum, and I personally recommend the Galco Cross Draw. Well made factory rig, and wont break the bank like a custom one.

You might want to step up to a rifle for those bears. the two legged critters will do fine with 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by wolven View Post
    I live on a remote ranch and carry for rattlesnakes, the occasional bear and personal safety due to remote location, unusual people these days and no cell signal out here.

Previously I had more experience with rifles and shotguns but the last few years have started using a handgun. I started with a revolver but recently switched to a Glock 19. Great improvement.

I'm looking for the appropriate forum to help me find some cross draw holster choices.
    I'll start looking but just wanted to say howdy.
    Howdy!
    I love Colorado. I usually go to Montrose, Rigway, Ouray area when I can.
    Living in the wide open spaces sounds really, really good to me.
    I'm stuck in the city for a couple more years.......then I want a place in the country.

I don't know if a Glock 19 will be effective on bears, but it will keep the two legged predators at bay.

Welcome, I'm jealous.

Hello and thanks for the welcome !

Well it is a 80 mile round trip to town which is close enough for me. And its like living in a postcard.

The G19 is mostly for those odd 2 legged creatures that set up meth labs or pot farms in the foothills. You'd think that living way out here in remote ranch country, one wouldn't have run ins with those types, but times are constantly changing and one must keep vigilant.

The bears are actually the least of my worries.

Lived in Michigan, Alaska, Alberta, Iowa, Idaho, Arizona and here in Colorado since 1983 - this is by far the best !!

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Howdy!
    I love Colorado. I usually go to Montrose, Rigway, Ouray area when I can.
    Living in the wide open spaces sounds really, really good to me.
    I'm stuck in the city for a couple more years.......then I want a place in the country.

I don't know if a Glock 19 will be effective on bears, but it will keep the two legged predators at bay.

Welcome, I'm jealous.

Welcome from Tennessee.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Welcome from SW Tennessee!
    Proud NRA member

Welcome from Humble, TX.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links