Guess I never did one of these

This is a discussion on Guess I never did one of these within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hi everyone, It just dawned on me that I never did one of these intro threads, and it seems to be appreciated if all members ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Guess I never did one of these

Guess I never did one of these

Hi everyone,

It just dawned on me that I never did one of these intro threads, and it seems to be appreciated if all members do this, even if it is my 144th post!

So, a little about me: The first time I ever handled a gun was in Coast Guard boot camp, and I was surprised to find that I really enjoyed shooting (and did much better than I expected, possibly because I had no bad habits to unlearn.) During my four-year hitch, in addition to my other duties, I served as a boarding officer (LEO), running boardings for safety, migrants, and drugs in the Florida Straits. As for guns, I always enjoyed our requals and expending old ammo off the side of the boat while underway, but when I got out I never really thought about getting a gun until almost eight years later. I love target shooting but can't afford the money or time to do it as often as I like (new parent).

I lurked on this forum for about a year before joining, and as I often comment on other people's intro threads, the "Defensive Scenarios" threads have been a real education (I've read through pretty much all of them, or at least the meaty ones). I'm really impressed with the quality of input and interaction here, and I look forward to learning more.
    QKShooter likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    144 posts? Well then a belated Welcome from southcentral Kansas!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Welcome err to uh the forum here. Uh I think you'll find uh a lot of uh info aroun...dangit it's just not the same when you're not new!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Ha, yeah, I guess I did it backwards. Thanks for the welcomes anyway! No one else needs to feel compelled to welcome me, I already feel a pretty friendly vibe here. For the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Hi everyone,

It just dawned on me that I never did one of these intro threads, and it seems to be appreciated if all members do this, even if it is my 144th post!
    Ahhh..Thank you. Up till now I just thought you were that Herman Melville character.
    Ishmael likes this.

VIP Member
    Welcome! I figured you were a fellow Coastie. We gotta hang tight because this place is eat up with Marines.

Hopefully the Marines are familiar with Douglas Munro. Actually, one Marine once told me he'd had a class on Munro in boot camp, and that his DI had actually told them they should side with Coasties in any conflicts with "squids." (Not that I personally have any problem with the Navy.) Have to say, though, of all the prior-service people I sailed with, the Marines were uniformly squared away and dependable.
    WHEC724 likes this.

Post-Dated welcome from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. Hey, better late than never!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Welcome from Fort Bliss/Arizona

Wow!!!!!!!!!!

Ishmael finally came out of the closet!!!!!!!!

Welcome into the daylight!!!!!!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Welcome from Jersey!
    (better late than never)
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

If you're a new parent, you get a pass on the out-of-sequence posting thing. You've got bigger fish to fry.

So - Welcome! Greetings from the AZ desert.

Don't let that new-parent status stop you from shooting... rimfires and quality airguns make it affordable.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Better late than never.

Welcome from Michigan!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    Well not much sense in a welcome after a year and 144 posts, but Welcome anyway.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links