Hi from Greece - Page 2

Hi from Greece

This is a discussion on Hi from Greece within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome from SW Florida!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Greece

Welcome from SW Florida!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by learner View Post
    Hi from Greece. First time posting here.
    Glad to have you here. My wife is from Corinth!
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Welcome from South Carolina...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Welcome from Northeast New Jersey.
    Good to have you aboard
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Welcome from Savannah
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by Brademan View Post
    Glad to have you here. My wife is from Corinth!
    Happy to hear that. Almost 900km away from me. About 550miles away i think.
    If you die before you die then you will not die when you die...

Welcome from Miami Lakes Fl. My son's wife and her family are from Thessaloniki. Tell us a little about yourself? What kind of liberties do you have in Greece concerning guns in general and concealed carry in particular. How is the current financial situation affecting your standard of living?

Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    Welcome from Miami Lakes Fl. My son's wife and her family are from Thessaloniki. Tell us a little about yourself? What kind of liberties do you have in Greece concerning guns in general and concealed carry in particular. How is the current financial situation affecting your standard of living?
    Hi. First sorry about my american-english. I can understand a lot, write a few but to speak them it's another story... Thessaloniki is near us about 300km. About 190 miles. I;m a law enforcement here in my town. The only civies who carry a concealed gun here are they that there is a threat for them lives and can prove it.

About the economics here now.
    We have crisis here. But it is match-fixing. Things were well before 2 years but now settling major problems.
    I hope you can understand me .
    Regards to your families.

Being in Law enforcement explains your interest in our forum. I'm assuming you do carry (open carry) a weapon during your shift. Please tell us if you're allowed to carry your service weapon when you're not on duty. What is the make and model of your service weapon, caliber...etc. If it's a make or model we're not use to seeing here in the United States can you post a picture of the weapon?

If you can prove that your life is being threatend, who authorizes the use of a concealed weapon? The courts, The Police?
    Thank You for sharing your information with us. Your english is perfect, I only wish I could read and write in your language, as well as you do english.

In the capital of Greece (Athens) before 10-15 years the police was giving as a service handgun the 0,32 or the 0,38 simple or 0,38 special caliber [revolver]. It looks funny but this was the real story. The last 10 years they give 9mm. Usually the HK USP and the last 5 years also the Compact HK USP with tritium sights. In my town the last 1-2 years they give the compact USP. Before that they gave the 0,32 or the 0,38 simple or 0,38 special caliber.
    The Special Depressive Antiterrorist Unit of Greek Police (EKAM in Greece) carry also the GLOCK 0,45, JERICHO, USP, SPHINX and others (5.7).
    Have a look here (in Greek language - use the google translate to read):
    http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ειδική_...0;δα
    From the 1998 i bought with my money a GLOCK 17C 9mm and carry it as my handgun. I can carry my gun and when i;m not on duty.
    When i wear uniform i carry it with this holster GLOCK
    If one day have to wear the glock with light and tactical uniform i would look for safariland 6304.
    When i'm on undercover mission i use the desantis facilitator :
    17, 22, 31 — DeSantis Holster
    Now i;m searching for KYDEX to make myself some holsters or buy something like raven holsters (but the wait time is long)
    If someone is on threat come to police make an application (i thinks that the word) and then the court have the last word.

For the ammo now. Before a year someone could use FMJ or JHP. Now only the FMJ can carry someone. I think thats a EU law.
    Visual a threat on you with someone else behind him. Shoot the threat and couple 1 or 2 behind the threat and you go to jail for a long time. Hope to change that and allow the police to use again the JHP for better secure.

Thank You for sharing this information. You have a few similarities with Law enforcement here. (Glock 9mm, .45) the EU regulations make your job more difficult. We have a member on this forum Rbh32 who makes the kind of holsters you're looking for. Send him a private message, so he can show you the different holsters he makes.

Thanks. I will check it.

Welcome to the forum from the state of Tennessee.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links