Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New CCW from New York State

2K views 26 replies 27 participants last post by  deadeye111 
#1 ·
:hand36: Hello to all. I am a new CCW permit holder from the Catskill mountain area in New York state. I am grateful for this site and all the information I have gotten from it in the last two days of reading and searching. Cudos to "Bumper" for a job well done.

So where do I start? I have yet to purchase my first handgun. I am 40 yrs old and feel like a kid in a candy store. :banana: I hope to purchase one soon.

I have been reading a lot of handgun stuff while I was waiting for my pemit. It took 10 months once all the paperwork and fingerprinting was done.

I am really leaning towards a Glock 19 for my first purchase and concealed carry weapon. That price range for the Glock 19 would work for a different weapon but am not sure what.

I wll post more questions in different threads and thanks to all and I look forward to new friends.

mulder :hand36:

#2 ·
Hello and many congrats re permit.

Hope we can help cement your gun decision and certainly - dig deep thru searches as we have a wealth of info - as you may have seen :smilez:

#9 ·
Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

#13 ·
:hand36: Hello to all. I am a new CCW permit holder from the Catskill mountain area in New York state.
Welcome to your 2nd Amendment right. Congrats on the "permit" to carry!

I have yet to purchase my first handgun ... leaning towards a Glock 19 ... [price range] would work for a different weapon but am not sure what.
If uncertain about which specific gun, I would recommend starting with a few questions. That should guide you to the "right" combo for you.

1. How will you be carrying / how would you prefer to conceal? In the pocket, on the hip (IWB, OWB), small of the back, in a shirt holster?

2. Will you be carrying daily (meaning, is light weight an extreme got-to-have, for you)?

3. Will you be carrying a backup gun along with your primary?

4. Do you have a specific preference on caliber, power, number of rounds? What are your preferences on characteristics such as weight, size, slimness, grip feel, etc.?

With the above info, folks will have a lot to go on and will be able to recommend quite a lot of alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.