Now that I've raided your fridge..

This is a discussion on Now that I've raided your fridge.. within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; A guy around here loaded up the 44 magnum to do exactly what you said. well round one went down range, round two went through ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now that I've raided your fridge..

VIP Member
    A guy around here loaded up the 44 magnum to do exactly what you said. well round one went down range, round two went through his cranium as the lady fell backwards. He\'s not laughing anymore. Of course the woman who was firing was destroyed by the incident.
    Oh, yuck. :(

I don\'t think there\'s any harm in a guy teaching his wife or S/O as long as he is a good teacher and doesn\'t pressure her to start shooting. I hear a lot of stories from men about how hard it is to get their ladies to shoot in the first place. You can\'t pressure somebody - you have to coax them when they\'re comfortable.

Lots of women are more comfortable doing things in groups of other women. Take a lady out to shoot on ladies night at the range. Have her friends come along, or have a female instructor.

Sometimes having her pick out her own gun works (with good guidance). When she finds something she likes and it\'s specifically hers, she\'ll be more willing to shoot it. ;)

I like taking guys out to the range. :D While I prefer my dates to already be shooters, that isn\'t always the case.

2. Remove Ads

WORSE YET

BETTY-- QUOTE---
    What really irks me about some people who take a new female shooter to the range (or any newbie) is that they have to show off their \"manhood\" by making the newbie shoot the biggest caliber gun first, giving little to zero instruction, and laughing at the results.

\"Hey lil'lady, try this .44 magnum snubnose.\"
    [sarcasm]Now that\'s a fantastic way to create a new shooter. [/sarcasm]

I saw a dad to that to his own daughter recently. Pathetic.

Yes-- and those are the same type of fools that will stick a starter pistol in a litter of pups and fire it--- one of the few times as a civilan I put someone one his backside-- I wouldn\'t sell a pup to a SOB like that for any amount of money. -- I guess it goes without saying here-- good shooters have been ruined with this trick before they could even get started. There is nothing funny about it. I can tell you that every woman I have ever taught to shoot, or at least got them started, were, and are better shots from the begining than most men, if not all-- I have been ask about this from time to time and my answer is rather simple-- they have NOTHING to prove, for the most part. One exception was my daughter. She is in the middle, with an older, and younger brother. ;) She can out shoot them both by the way. :o:D

hate it when people do that to kids and new shooter had a guy do that to his Girlfriend at the range 6\"inch 44 mag tiny girl she wasnt happy he though it was a laugh mr know it all..

So being the kind genourous lad i can be i offer Mr Dh im sure ya guess what i mena there a chance to prove his manlyness with a shoot off my revolver actually 6..

Tried to tell him it would kick a little but he knew it all he touched off one Boy did he start whining.. I asked him how do you feel now Dh ya did the same thing to her a new shoot but you mr know it all..

Rangemaster approved quite much..

I know it was mean of me but i figued he might lear a lesson.. For the rest of the time i was there i let the lady shoot my Ruger MarkII she was happy so at least she didnt go away with a hate of guns probley just a Hate of her boyfriend...

Ooo and by the way my Small unmanly Revolver was a 454 casull with full power 300 grain Xtps... Has a little bare ya got to work up into shooting

SHOWIN OFF THE MANHOOD

WORSE YET

BETTY-- QUOTE---
    \"What really irks me about some people who take a new female shooter to the range (or any newbie) is that they have to show off their \"manhood\" by making the newbie shoot the biggest caliber gun first, giving little to zero instruction, and laughing at the results. \"

When my daughter was about 14, she asked me to teach her to shoot. At that time I owned a Colt Frontier Scout .22Mag Buntline, Mauser Hsc .380, Beretta FS92 9mm, and a Colt SAA .45......I took two guns out with her...the .22Mag and the little Mauser. She went thru about half a case of .22s and really seemed to like it. She shot maybe 50 rds thru the Mauser and went back to the Buntline. Point being that I let \"her\" decide what to shoot, and encouraged her all the way. She\'s 24 now and just last month asked when I was going to take her to the range. She wants to try out my Beretta. Think I\'ll bring it, the Mauser, and of course, for me....my Kimber Eclipse ! She\'s no Annie Oakley, but hey, it\'s me and my little girl ! Yahoo !!

My wife was started out on a .22 and after abotu the 3 pull of the trigger (Target was @ 7 yards) she complained she could not see the holes. She asked if she could borrow my Para Ord P14-45. The grips were a little wide for her hands but she fell in love with the .45. She now has her own SSP and is damn accuratge with it shooting ragged one hole groups with 5 rounds. She has been practicing her strong and off hand shooting as well to perpare for the CCW class.

I still have the .22 and have offered it to several younger ppl that frequent our indoor range. I figure .22 ammo is so cheap, it is a small price to pay for assiting someone have an enjoyable memory for their first range outing.

Kudos to all you Ladies furthering the cause.

~A

Is there a way to post pics???

I have introduced several others, both men and women, to the joy of shooting.

I always start them off with a .22 Single-Six revolver, and have recently started using Aguila Colibris. These are totally silent, with almost no felt recoil. We can talk thru the proper procedure, and begin to see holes in paper.

Then we put on the hearing protection and replace the Colibris with .22 LR. After gaining confidence there we change out to the .22 magnum cylinder, and if everything is still OK we will move up to .38 Special, and eventually to 9mm and then .45 ACP.

We take it slow and easy, and never move past their point of personal comfort. This has always worked, and I haven\'t had any complaints, yet.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by APachon
    Is there a way to post pics???
    Well, yes and no. You can post by \"attaching\" the picture to the post below which will insert it at the end or you can link it if it is posted on another server with the image tag insert above. I plan on adding a feature so people can post their images to the server directly, just haven\'t found a good script yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links