New old guy from NY, Catskills - Page 3

New old guy from NY, Catskills

This is a discussion on New old guy from NY, Catskills within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by Gamalot I too worked those same hotels during that period from around 1965-1975. Fallsview, Nevele, Granit and Homowack. All are dilapidated dumps ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamalot View Post
    I too worked those same hotels during that period from around 1965-1975. Fallsview, Nevele, Granit and Homowack. All are dilapidated dumps today! We lived in Summitville back then.
    Neat! I've see pictures of the remains of the hotels, a heartbreak. Sure were grand back in the day. Made pretty good money back then. Went in the Navy in 1963 and that was the last summer I worked the hotels. I lived in Stone Ridge then, drove down to work weekends. Ahhhh, the stories I could tell.

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Neat! I've see pictures of the remains of the hotels, a heartbreak. Sure were grand back in the day. Made pretty good money back then. Went in the Navy in 1963 and that was the last summer I worked the hotels. I lived in Stone Ridge then, drove down to work weekends. Ahhhh, the stories I could tell.
    We just missed each other! I'll hit 60 in April. Worked the Hotels busing tables all through HS and after the USN from '70-74. Dad was the GM at the Nevele so I had an in with the family owners of both Hotels. Yes, it sure was a very good time back when this area was rocking every summer and every weekend. Every kid over 16 could work if he wanted and lots of college students paid their way working these Hotels. I still live in Sullivan county but up between PJ and Monticello. Retired from the other big industry here, Corrections.

Welcome from Virginia...via Germany
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links