Hello from Motown.

This is a discussion on Hello from Motown. within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Good day from the Motor City- I have, like many, lurked and read a lot of threads on this forum and felt it was time ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Motown.

Hello from Motown.

Good day from the Motor City-

I have, like many, lurked and read a lot of threads on this forum and felt it was time to finally add to your $show['activemembers'], and great community ;) I reside 45 minutes north of Detroit in Macomb County MI. I work downtown in the heart of the city across from Hart Plaza for an extremely large digital ad/media agency. While I do have encounters I have to deal with walking this fine city to clients 'down the road from us', none in particular that I'll bother share as I'm not going to be a <10 postcount that has had a severe incident to report and share every detail about how I was proud to draw my weapon (don't know why that happens so much?). Anyway, I legally carry concealed at all times. I'm constantly around the city of Detroit eating, having a drink with colleagues and walking to client buildings in and around the city and have certainly come into contact with many individuals that have less than desirable intentions. I have only needed to draw my weapon 3 times in 2 years which is way too many times for my liking. No shots fired, mostly drawn down to stop them from progressing closer to me of which every time they have, stopped that is. Oddly enough each of those times were groups of 3 and between their taunting and comments of "F'ing this white boy up" (even though I'm Native American/Filipino/Caucasian) I felt that where I was at the time, the lack of general public around me, that this was the best option before they hit the 21 foot mark moving as swift as they were. Anyway, that's about all in regard to that staying in topic with the site itself- nothing more dramatic than that so really not too big of a deal.. Just a typical couple years in the city...

I'm happy to be a part of this site as I frequent many forums on the topic, and firearms in general, this one reads to be the best group of people as a whole. Well done mods and constituents of the site, by self policing the nonsense you've done yourselves well! I'm glad to join this growing community

I currently carry a full frame 9mm, S&W Sigma SW9VE to be exact, Gold Dot JHP as my choice of brass. I have a decent collection of handguns including Glock, Ruger and Kahr- but for some reason over time I've really grown attached to the reliability, ability to be concealed and accuracy of the Sigma. Though I'm sure a ton would disagree with that, as everyone knows mileage will vary from person to person and obviously if you didn't feel comfortable with a weapon you would not carry it to protect your well being, and more importantly, your family. I will occasionally depending on the nature of clothing to dress for the gun, carry the Kahr CW9 or PM9. In this industry you must dress "higher fashion" but not necessarily suited up. Suit shirts being bloused after tucked in are exceptionally easy to conceal large handguns. When you leave a well tailored shirt un-tucked that closely fits your body is when additional thought needs to go into how you conceal.. So I have come to be pretty good at well fitting tailored clothing hiding full size 9mm's. I hope to possibly help those curious how to not sacrifice the clothing they like or need to wear to not give up the larger caliber and frame pistols that they may like. I rarely carry the Kahr's, but if I absolutely have to I will- as I specifically dress to the pistol, not vice versa.

I really look forward to getting to know you guys and very importantly learning from this great group of knowledgeable individuals. I've been very impressed by what I've taken away from this site thus far and hope to even more now. Thank you all for the effort you put into your responses, it has helped me numerous times and has provoked much thought into what I may do when the next encounter comes- which I sincerely hope it does not, but in reality where I'm at, how often I'm down here it probably will, unfortunately. Love reading you guys, hope you all have a great start of the week and I'll do my best to help out with topics I have a solid understanding in.. Concealing big pistols on not-so-large guys I'm definitely Houdini with, so I'll start there ;)

2. Remove Ads

Welcome.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Lead Moderator
    Hello and welcome!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Welcome from someone who lives in the heart of the D.

Welcome from Mesa, Arizona via Fort Bliss, Texas

VIP Member
    Welcome fro Lansing!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Welcome from Colorado

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Welcome

Welcome from Southwestern Virginia.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Welcome from Denver!

VIP Member
    Welcome from Wisconsin>

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Nice introduction. Welcome from East Tennessee!
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Welcome from South Carolina...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links