Another Fl Newbie

Another Fl Newbie

This is a discussion on Another Fl Newbie within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello to all from what remains of Pensacola Fl as a result of Hurricane Ivan. I have a Fl CCW and carry a Glock 22 ...

Thread: Another Fl Newbie

Another Fl Newbie

Hello to all from what remains of Pensacola Fl as a result of Hurricane Ivan. I have a Fl CCW and carry a Glock 22 or Colth Python. The past several years have been spent sailing. However, with the loss of my boat due to Ivan I have returned again to my long enjoyment of shooting. Happy holidays to all

Trader

Hello and welcome..

Welcome... You will get addicted to this place

~A

DC Founder
    Welcome to the forum, Trader. Sorry to hear that you lost yours to Ivan. My other love is boats as well. I had a Capri 26 until about a year ago. Sold it and bought a power boat (which is a little better suited to AZ) and another gun :kay:

Thank for the hello\'s

Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay in responding but due to the holidays I\'m sure you all will understand.

I have been out at sea too long and not an ace on the P.C. so I have a dumb question. Please explain - New Topic, New Poll, and Post Reply. I think I have the idea for two out of three - just want to use this forum 100% of the design. Soory guys, just an ol'sea dog learn a new trick. Thanks

DC Founder
    Originally posted by Trader
    Please explain - New Topic, New Poll, and Post Reply. I think I have the idea for two out of three....
    Trader, I posted the answer to your questions here Posting Instructions. :kay:

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Hey Trader:
    did you guys have any looters after Ivan?
    There were a whole lot of them after Charlie hit Charlotte.
    The lessons of Andrew were applied. Never shoot the driver , only the passinger. There\'s enough garbage laying around.
    Oh, and all those neighbors that were \" you have guns\" tried to borrow mine.

AFS

Originally posted by AirForceShooter
    Hey Trader:
    did you guys have any looters after Ivan?
    There were a whole lot of them after Charlie hit Charlotte...

Oh, and all those neighbors that were \" you have guns\" tried to borrow mine.

AFS
    :question: :question: Please clarify... I am reading this as \"all those (idiot) neighbors that (being good sheeple) were (uttering a disapproving) \"You have guns?!?!\", tried to borrow yours\", after realizing the truth of Col. Cooper\'s words... (see my signature )

Sorry for the long delay in responding to your question about looter. Yes, mostly in the first week or so. The cop\'s from here and many other law enforcement men and women from around the U.S. were here with in hours after the storm and worked long hours for several weeks to keep the looting down as much as possible. I has a young man, though LEO\'s were people with ego problems. As an older and wiser person, I and the local people around Pensacola can\'t thank these people enough for their help after Ivan to this day. Sorry, didn\'t in tend to get up on a soap box.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    BushidoMarine
    you know the one\'s. They visit your house and get a look at ONE gun and sort of give you that funny look, like you\'re crazy.
    BUT, when SHTF time comes they\'re at your front door asking if you have a \"spare gun\" like \"can I borrow a cup of sugar.\"
    The only thing I can think of is Chuck Hestons neighbors doing the same thing during the LA riots. He just told them no way. But not nicely.

Trader:
    that\'s ok, just get on your soap box.

AFS

Links