2 new ccps from Virginia

This is a discussion on 2 new ccps from Virginia within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; My wife just got her permit. I have had mine for a few weeks. We both have snubbies. Mine a 38 special hers a 32 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 new ccps from Virginia

2 new ccps from Virginia

My wife just got her permit. I have had mine for a few weeks. We both have snubbies. Mine a 38 special hers a 32 cal. I actually prefer the revolver over the semi, we do have those as well, as not many moving parts to worry about besides the wife has difficulty with the action on a semi. The small pocket semis can be real difficult for an old lady anyway. Next thing to do is get her to carry in public. Glad this forum exists. Any helpful advise is always appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome from the Murder Capital.
    It's gonna be a lot of slow singing and flower bringing if my burglar alarm starts ringing.

VIP Member
    Welcome from the Richmond area.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Hey!
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by lizjimbo View Post
    My wife just got her permit. I have had mine for a few weeks. We both have snubbies. Mine a 38 special hers a 32 cal. I actually prefer the revolver over the semi, we do have those as well, as not many moving parts to worry about besides the wife has difficulty with the action on a semi. The small pocket semis can be real difficult for an old lady anyway. Next thing to do is get her to carry in public. Glad this forum exists. Any helpful advise is always appreciated.
    Welcome from Missouri.

I am a Nana aged lady and have problems with carrying my weapon in a holster. I have a small waist in relation to the size of my hips and top. No bragging...it makes it almost impossible to carry anything on my waist. A bra or shoulder holster will not work because of my arthritis. My Hubby got me a really nice "carry" purse. Outside compartment with zipper (which can be locked).
    coronadoleather.com

I use it with my Ruger SP101 when we are going out, but I found it restricting when shopping alone...too heavy. I borrowed by Hubby's Ruger LCP and put it in my front jeans pocket. It was perfect for that purpose. On Valentine's Day, Hubby bought me my own Ruger LCP (color raspberry and black), because he is a sweetie (and I think he wanted me to stop borrowing his)

If she is going to use a purse...she needs to practice drawing (unloaded) until she finds the combo that works for her. I keep the shoulder bag around my neck on right side with compartment unzipped and my hand on the weapon...making sure I don't have my finger on the trigger. Purse is harder to grab than if it were on just my shoulder and keeping my hand on the weapon means I can draw it before I would lose my purse. I do this when walking out to the parking lot or other places where there might be a threat.

Let me know if there is anything I can help with. Check out some of the utube sites that have women's holsters and systems, Check out vendors who specialize in them.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Welcome from South Carolina....Make sure the wife checks out Cornered Cat - Table Of Contents
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Welcome from Wisconsin, if you have any questions just ask away, everyone will give you a quick and accurate answer most of the time :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

From east texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from AK!

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Welcome from Wisconsin

Welcome from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin!
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Michael

VIP Member
    Welcome from Wisconsin>

Thanks. She actually got a concealed carry purse from a vendor at the latest gun show. It seems to be just the ticket. It can be slung around her neck and it has a stiff wire running through the strap so it cannot be cut away. The lady that was running the vendor stand at the show showed her how she didn't have to draw, just tilt the purse up a bit and pow. She feels much better with her J frame revolver than an LCP, although
    she is quite
    competent with a 9mm too, she just likes the revolver simplicity. Her first handgun experience was with a 38 special 4" and she shot the orange out at 25 feet. She is a much better shot than I am. The trickiest part of having a conceal carry permit is getting used to the idea of carrying a concealed weapon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links