Hello from California - Page 3

Hello from California

This is a discussion on Hello from California within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; thanks everyone! Originally Posted by mprp Welcome to the DC forum from Tehama County, California! I'm glad to see that Sac. county has finally taken ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from California

thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Welcome to the DC forum from Tehama County, California! I'm glad to see that Sac. county has finally taken the big step toward common sense! I have an associate of mine that lives down there and she waited too long I guess. As far as I know, they're not taking any more apps for 2013 yet either. I guess they got overwhelmed with good people and weren't expecting it. They must be surprised because all of those licenses and it doesn't look or sound like the Gaza Strip????

Congrats!!
    apparently they are switching to a new calendering system and have had problems doing so. once the switch takes place, 2013 will open up. for now she can check the site daily to see if any cancellations take place. my wife had to cancel hers and it was snatched up within a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    Welcome from here also. Congrats on making up a 'Good Cause' statement. Now, who did you pay off? Just kidding. Congrats on the permit.
    the only 'good cause' needed now is that you are interested in protecting yourself and your family. although prior to the new sheriff, almost no 'good cause' was good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Getting a CCW in Sac is quite an accomplishment, unless the Sheriff has changed his game. Here in Calaveras County its easy if you are on DOJ's "nice" list.
    it is still an accomplishment, but the new sheriff opened it up about 2 years ago. they are limited in how many they can process a year because of resources, but if you can get a spot on the calendar, it can happen.

What is the website that best updates what's going on with the process down there? Maybe I can relay that to the lady I know.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

just have her Google "sacramento CCW" and it'll take her to the Sac Sheriff page with everything she needs to know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links