new member from the Lone Star State - Page 3

new member from the Lone Star State

This is a discussion on new member from the Lone Star State within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome from Missouri. I am not sure I can help you because I am sure we are two different ages and difference in abilities, but ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new member from the Lone Star State

Welcome from Missouri. I am not sure I can help you because I am sure we are two different ages and difference in abilities, but check out the sites that have been recommended. A carry method for a woman depends on several points. Physical abilities, body shape, type of clothes worn are three.

I carry a Ruger LCP for shopping, because it fits well in my front jeans pocket. When I am dressed different...I carry in my purse....a Ruger SP101. I have the tactics for purse carry well worked out on type of purse. I have a very nice Coronado purse with a separate compartment that is zippered and has a lock.
    When carrying the purse....I put it over my head, not just on the shoulder. When walking out to the car, I unzip the compartment and keep my right hand on it....but not on the trigger. I have rehearsed it and it works well.

I am Nana aged with arthritis so many holsters are not suited for me. I believe you are younger and are very lucky that there are many options available to you. I have been carrying for a couple of decades now and there were not the options for woman when I started. Good luck on your search.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Welcome to the forum.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Welcome from Mesa, Arizona via Fort Bliss, Texas

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Welcome from Dallas!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Welcome from Nebraska!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links