Defensive Carry banner

new member from the Lone Star State

1K views 35 replies 33 participants last post by  rammerjammer 
#1 ·
I stumbled upon this forum while researching a second conceal carry option for myself. I LOVE my Glock19 but she is just a hair too big for some outfits and as a girl...its important to accessorize each outfit appropriately! I just recently got my concealed handgun license and carried in public for first time yesterday. :) very exciting! However, I wasn't able to carry my glock, instead I carried my bf's ruger lcr .357. Any suggestions are welcome for types of holster or weapons that work best for women to carry. And I do not and will not carry a purse in order to carry.

#8 ·

By the way......nobody ever said CC would be a walk in the park. Stick to your G19 and explore your options IMO. Girls have more options open to them than guys in my opinion.
Never settle for a substitute. If you can't carry what you want to......you'll be sorry down the road. Figure out what you want to carry and build around it. You always need to feel confident with your carry. "Your Glock" is your Glock.....your BFs pistol is your BFs pistol. Who gets what when.........? Okay...never mind.
Why do you have a Glock 19 in the first place?
Carry in public first time.......long way to go, but welcome to the club. PM anytime. I can't track down everything that's posted on the forum. You have my best wishes.

#16 ·
Ive got just about the same amount of trigger time on the ruger as u do on my glock, so switching between guns is not an issue. We make sure we are comfortable and accurate with eachothers weapons,both handguns and rifles, so that we are able topick up any weapon and use with confidence in an emergency.

I picked the glock19 for its size - not too big but not too small...I have big hands, picked it for its reliability, and the high capity of rounds. It has worked great for in the vehicle carry and use when out on the ranch. I will still carry my glock, but it just isn't practical for EVERY outfit. I don't want to look like a guy in baggy shirts and baggypants every time I go out. I want to still be able to dress like a girl. I know it wont always be easy to carry concealed but that wont discourage me. Thanks for your wishes!

#25 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.