Greetings from hot and dry southeastern Colorado - Page 3

Greetings from hot and dry southeastern Colorado

This is a discussion on Greetings from hot and dry southeastern Colorado within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I appreciate all of your welcoming wishes. I lurked around the forum a couple of days before I joined and I'm glad I signed-up. I'm ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Greetings from hot and dry southeastern Colorado

Red face Thanks for the kind welcomes!

I appreciate all of your welcoming wishes. I lurked around the forum a couple of days before I joined and I'm glad I signed-up. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

Try before buy

Quote Originally Posted by guardian4u View Post
    Welcome from Va ! I agree with your post....try it before ya buy it. If you are not comfortable with your firearm it may end up collecting dust or not serving its purpose...protecting you and your family.
    This is my biggest obstacle right now: physically traveling to a place where I can 'try before I buy', but I'm working on it.

Love Cornered Cat

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    from Central Florida!

Look in here...skim down to holsters.
    Cornered Cat - Table Of Contents

ret
    I only recently discovered the Cornered Cat website. It's been a great resource for me.

Yes, GH, I agree about something other than a compact or sub-compact, but oh my gosh, it's a daunting task to narrow-down the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post

In the south east, I presume farm/ranch country, why not a western sixgun rig if you like the western aura, I've seen it around the Gunnison/Montrose area.
    I'd love a six-gun rig (and you made my day when you suggested it), but since I'm after an 'out of sight, out of mind' look, I need a more discreet approach.

Welcome from Ohio.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    If you can make the drive, see if you can hit up the Tanner Gun Show to hold and handle some guns to see what feels good for you. The next show in Denver is in September and the next one in Pueblo is in October. There's also one in Loveland in November. Not sure where exactly you live in CO, but if you can make it, there is a pretty good selection of firearms to "play" with. You could maybe narrow down your search that way, and then get a caliber you are comfortable shooting. The good news is that even if you find you don't like the one you purchase, you can usually sell it for at least as much as you paid for it, or pretty close to it.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links