New Member from Washington State

This is a discussion on New Member from Washington State within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome! In reply to Sensei and Spirit, double thanks to you both for the information! Im going to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Member from Washington State

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome! In reply to Sensei and Spirit, double thanks to you both for the information! Im going to research those books and videos first chance I get. Training is my number one priority right now and I understand that I carry much more than just a weapon, but also an enormous amount of responsibility. My age makes me feel like a minority when it comes to CPL, but my hope is that I can become an ambassador of sorts for the right to carry among people my age.

Also Sensei would you recommend any training facilities in particular? I've taken a few classes at Norpoint shooting range but that sums it up.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome! I only just joined recently also and as a fellow young un' it's good to see folks my age taking their new responsibility seriously. I have read the books listed above and would also recommend "Lessons from Armed America" by Mark Walters and Kathy Jackson. Do you have any experience with martial arts or Force-on-force training? I found just a simple cheapo airsoft pistol and a partner make for very eye opening training sessions and they can be done anywhere and having basic hand to hand skills has saved many people I know from having to escalate a situation higher than it needs to be. Good luck with your training!

Welcome from Ohio.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

welcome from okl.

Welcome from a former Washington/Oregon-bred guy in Eastern Iowa!! Long story so won't get into it!!
    NRA Member
    Ruger LC9
    Taurus PT92 AF
    Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (2)
    If you are going to shoot at Mimes, should you use a silencer?? ( Steven Wright)

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Welcome. Nice weather we've been having lately, huh. I bet the Shield is a lot easier to conceal on hot days like this than my XDm is.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Nice weather we've been having lately, huh. I bet the Shield is a lot easier to conceal on hot days like this than my XDm is.
    You've got that right, hotter than heck outside today. It fits nicely under a t-shirt or tank top, nice and slim.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links