Gun Cleaning Table - Page 2

Gun Cleaning Table

This is a discussion on Gun Cleaning Table within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; My ideas may not work with your closet idea. My first gun cleaning table was a piece of countertop mounted on top of a small ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Gun Cleaning Table

VIP Member
    My ideas may not work with your closet idea. My first gun cleaning table was a piece of countertop mounted on top of a small rolling cabinet from Sam's Club, it had a back piece with racks on it, room for holding a couple of guns plus cleaning rods, etc. It also had a fluorescent light mounted above. At one time I had a pic of it here on DC. It was cheap to build and very handy with rollers for moving it. It and my tools burned up in my shop fire.

My most recent was one of those giant thick wooden top, rolling cabinets, with multiple drawers from Sam's Club. That's it, no modifications, I have the drawers dedicated to gun parts, cleaning/lube stuff, and tools. I just roll it out of the way, and roll it out a bit when I use it.

Warning, those rolling cabinets must be assembled, even the drawers, not really difficult, but more tedious than anything.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Well arent You the Best Wife! Welcome & Good Luck on Your Project! From SouthCentral Kansas!

Quote Originally Posted by lzoto View Post
    I am customizing a closet to hold my husbands guns. His birthday is coming up and I would like to make him a table to put in that room so he can clean them or work on them. I am on this site because I really don't know much about it so I don't know what one would want. A build-in gun holder? Lighting? Any input would be appreciated.

Attachment 61830
    What an amazing gift. You're a keeper!

I would suggest soft white lighting, a non-porous table surface at about waist hight, a gun holder and possibly small vice (not sure what his skill level is) would be good additions. Small drawers under the table, and depending on the size of the room and his tastes, make the table fold up onto a wall.

That's all I have for now.

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Wow! Nice job on the gun storage projects!
    Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Do you have a sister?

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array S&WOwner's Avatar
    Welcome aboard lzoto from the great state of Pennsylvania!

sgb
    Welcome aboard lzoto, great gift to your hubby. He must be very proud to have such an awesome better half.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Welcome! I need to start dropping hints about a table to my wife.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Welcome from Ohio.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome from South Carolina... My compliments on your initiative! Hubby is a lucky guy....
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

P5
    Welcome from MD..... WOW!!!! I'm still in shock that you're doing all that for him. What a great wife you are!!!
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!
    Walther P5 / AMT AutomagII

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I built a small folding workbench in my last garage, it was a small one car so it needed to fold up an out of the way. Pretty simple project, I built a box frame on the wall out of 2x4s, used a piano hing for the back of the top so it folded up and latched the box shut. I installed peg board inside of the box for holding tools etc. It had folding legs and made for a pretty clean and neat install. I would think your carpenter could easily put this together. Go online and look for folding workbench plans and modify accordingly.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links