Hey new guy here. From NH and looking for some fellow NH Shooters

This is a discussion on Hey new guy here. From NH and looking for some fellow NH Shooters within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I got a question about shooting in NH. I want to find a place I can shoot targets outside for free. I'm not some goof ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I got a question about shooting in NH. I want to find a place I can shoot targets outside for free. I'm not some goof ball that doesn't know what they are doing. I spent 4 years in the marine corps infantry and am an expert rifle, machinegunner, and pistol marksmen so with that being said I know what I'm doing and am not there to be an idiot. Honestly the gun clubs around here run some ranges but they don't work with my schedual and manchester firing line is an hour away and pricey. We all know ammo isn't exactly cheap to begin with and on top of the lane fees it is difficult to properly test fire (imo that is) as I really test fire with 1000 rounds so I really need a free place outdoors. Those of you who are reading this and have some private land I could use I wouldn't mind throwing some money your way on a per year basis for rights to shoot there.

I recently went to some wildlife managment area that allows hunting and traping. ended up getting a warning because you can't target shoot there (what sense does that make?). anyway as I am walking back to my vehicle gun case and bag of spent brass in hand, I see a card from the local P.D.......... lesson learned I guess.

Any help with places I can shoot outside for free would be great. I don't mind a drive as I would spend hours upon hours there. Thanks in advance for any info.

Where do you live? I just moved from Carroll County. The Carroll County fish and gun club is about 35 dollars a year. Outside range, 5 -100 yards. Trap on Tues mornings and Sunday.
    No RSO, pretty laid back.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Welcome
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

live in strafford county. All the clubs I have looked into seem to run ranges when I am in class or working. which is why I was hoping for someone who knows a place like I said above. what is the place you mentioned and what are their range hours?

Rt 113 in Madison. Right on the Conway border. Dawn to dusk unless they changed. There is no range personal so it is the honor sytem to use the range. Madison police will come by if shooting past sunset
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

hiya's

Michael

Distinguished Member Array S&WOwner's Avatar
    Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Welcome from Western Kentucky.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

rt 113 madison/conway. to be sure I would have to contact the P.D there to make sure as I already have a warning. would this location actually fall on madison or conway?

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    rt 113 madison/conway. to be sure I would have to contact the P.D there to make sure as I already have a warning. would this location actually fall on madison or conway?
    Warning for what?

Because I have already fired my guns at a location that one is allowed to hunt and trap (some reason you can't target shoot) I think you may have missed that in the very first post. So now I have to make sure I can do it lol. I don't know what the logic behind that one is by the way. You can hunt and trap but can't target shoot.

Because I have already fired my guns at a location that one is allowed to hunt and trap (some reason you can't target shoot) I think you may have missed that in the very first post. So now I have to make sure I can do it lol. I don't know what the logic behind that one is by the way. You can hunt and trap but can't target shoot.
    It is in Madison. Still fail to see why you can't shoot at a club that you would be a member of.

Because all the ones I have been able to find seem to only run the range during the hours I have school or work. I would LOVE to have a gun club that I could just go in at my convience for as long as I want. But it would seem that is nonexistant. Unless I don't know of such a magical place?

Because all the ones I have been able to find seem to only run the range during the hours I have school or work. I would LOVE to have a gun club that I could just go in at my convience for as long as I want. But it would seem that is nonexistant. Unless I don't know of such a magical place?
    No, I was saying if you became a member of the Carroll County gun club why would you be concerned about a warning you got?

oh I think I am putting this together now. is this place at rt 113 you are speaking of not some outside sand pit kind of deal? I think for whatever reason I took that post as an open place that was not, for lack of a better word, organized. So this is the location of the carroll country gun club? and the range there is what you were talking about from sunrise to sunset?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links